hf1

update on Ben's bum

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

update on Ben's bum

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:50 pm

We are now back from the gp. It wasn't our registered one, but another one in the practice and not the same one that prescribed Daktarin.

She took a close look with a spot light, took a swab to send off to the lab and prescribed Daktacort ointment which is the same as daktarin cream apart from it has added hydroquartison (sp!).

The swab is to check for something called scaled skin syndrome, which as she said although is rare, someone has to have it. Looked on internet and its caused by a bacteria.

So now we keep doing what we have been - nappy off time wont really make a difference apparently so can choose whether to or not. Apply the ointment at every nappy change and then ontop of that put a barrier cream - after I said we have everyone going, which one? she said vaseline 1/4 inch thick. No need to change super frequently like hourly as its actually going to make his bum worse cleaning it all off before putting it all back on again.

Also a great top tip from her which we have to do is put salt into his bath and also the wipe solution as all nasty bugs don't like salt - so will probably keep putting that in the camomile tea solution for life.

She saw he was in cloth nappies (boring white little lambs) and didn't pass a comment either way.

Thank you all for being there when I have been stressing so much :lol:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:11 pm

I'm glad you saw a more helpful doc. Hopefully the cream will do the trick and he'll have a perfect baby bum soon!

And don't worry about strssing, it's sooooo hard when they have rasehs that you just can't clear up (((((())))))

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:51 pm

That's good news Annette. Sounds like a much more helpful doctor. Hopefully it will clear up quickly now you have the right cream and the right advice.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:58 pm

Hope it clears up soon, the doctor sounds very good trying to get to the cause.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:11 pm

I hope you get some answers from this swab they have taken. Actually I hope it clears ASAP.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:14 pm

Hope it clears soon. :D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:26 pm

I really hope it clears soon for you and I'm so pleased you found a doctor to listen and take the time to look properly...

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:54 am

Good to hear you got a better listening to from this GP, also good to hear she bothered to swab him, in case he does need Antibiotics, then they can be targeted. Fingers crossed it will clear up now and if not then she has a plan B.

Poor Ben's bot! Its been the subject of much discussion, don;t tell him when he gets bigger! :oops: :lol:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:29 pm

Really hope it clears soon hun :) glad the dr was more helpful for you.

Return to Nappy Rash