hf1

Argh nasty sore red areas :-(

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Argh nasty sore red areas :-(

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:58 pm

Findlay was doing the most horrendous huge explosive runny poos after the hospital upped him to 3 different laxatives a day due to his blockage and so to make my life a bit easier I tried the eco-sposies on him (he's allergic to normal ones). I had hoped as the eco sposies are only ~30% gel that he'd be ok in them but after less than 12 hours of them he had really sore looking big red bits on the top of his willy, at the side of his marbles and on his bum :cry: I felt absolutely awful that he was so sore just because I'd tried to make my life a little bit easier :(

I put a thin layer of sudocrem on the sore bits and left him open to the air for a bit and since then he's been back in cloth and wool and it's clearing up but still a bit sore so has anyone got any tips on getting it to heal up quickly? Are there any gentle natural alternatives to Sudocrem?

Thanks
Lottie x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Argh nasty sore red areas :-(

Postby megansmummy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:01 pm

Not sure about natural alternatives but we find bepanthen and metainuim better for sore bums than seudocrem :hug: :hug: Hope it heals quickly for him!!

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:10 pm

:hug: I'm sure someone had suggested lanolin on here but can't really remeber now, I'll try find it for you in a mo, also have you considered aloe vera? It's supposed to be really good for burns etc, I keep a plant in the kitchen just in case but we haven't needed to try it yet. Hope it clears soon :hug:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:12 pm

I heard egg whites help. beat the egg white up in a bowl and put it on his bum and leave it to dry. Not sure if it works but can't do any harm. And metanium is great for sore bums, just be carefull cos it stains things yellow.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:15 pm

Well I can't find it, but I did read a couple of post saying lanolin is in other creams so not sure now :-? hopefully someone else will come along and be more help :oops:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:19 pm

It makes sense that lanolin would help actually, i didnt think about that...on my lasinoh it says for cracked skin...

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Chooky » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:54 pm

Whenever DD is looking even a little bit red i use a really thin layer of Amolin from the chemist. it has been my savior :notworthy: . i use it on myself too. For everything!! Not sure if you would have it there though. I'm in Australia.

Racheal

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Chooky » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:56 pm

oh also... what if you lined the sposies???

Return to Nappy Rash