hf1

NOT Happy cloth user - please help

My avatar
Ethan'smum
Clothie
Clothie

NOT Happy cloth user - please help

Postby Ethan'smum » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:04 pm

Poor dd2 has horrible ezcema and at the minute as soon as I put her in cloth she is red raw. I use closer parent pop ins and have tried stripping them, etc etc and nothing seems to work. Don't want to have to use steriod cream all the time but that is what I need to do to keep it at bay. HELP

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: NOT Happy cloth user - please help

Postby megansmummy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:56 am

I have no experience of the nappies which you are using, do they have a fleece inner? what material are they? Are they pocket nappies or fitted nappies?

If they have a fleece inner (whcih is stay dry) then she could be sensitive to the fleece, you could try lining with minkee, obv etc instead...

If they are pocket nappies then you may find fitted nappies more breathable? Alot of us use fitted nappies with wool and therefore they are totaly breathable for LO's skin...

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:10 am

I would use a fleece liner or a motherease stay dry liner or a silver liner if already has rash.

Do you wash your nappies in the same stuff as clothing? If not, worth changing to the same - also if you haev added nappy sanitiser to the wash this may irritate him too.

The bamboo of the pop in shouldn't cause a reaction as it is a natural fabric - but then some get a reaction to wool.

I don't have any fleece liners in at the moment or trial kit ones as would lend you some to try. Cut up an old jumper or see if anyone has any in classfieds befoer you commit to buying more stuff he could be allergic to.

HTH

Vickix

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:19 pm

What else are you using for the eczema apart from steroids?

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:22 pm

have you got any epaderm to try? It sorted out Ben's rash (not excema) but really worked well when prescribed by the determaologist.

Return to Nappy Rash