hf1

Dont Know what to do?

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Dont Know what to do?

Postby juboo752 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:58 am

I'm on my third nappy change of the morning and its only 7.30am, and each one is really traumatic. Her bottom is red raw and bleeding (which seems to have happened overnight) its awful, she's screaming, arching her back and generally not letting me wipe her becuase its so painful for her. She cant even sit down :( I feel :cry: :cry: i hate having to do it.

But what can i do, i have had her nappy free for almost an hour already this morning, she just keeps pooing (sorry tmi), its not like its diarrhoea but is a funny colour :-?

The only thing i can think of that she is perhaps eating that she hasn't for a long time is satumas, could that be doing it??

Any help would be great! I just feel awful for haing to wipe her when it obviously hurts so much :cry:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Dont Know what to do?

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:18 am

Can you bathe her instead?

Or put a towel under her bum and use soaked cotton wool and lots and lots of diluted bicarb solution to clean her instead? Very soothing...
Cold/luke warm cammomile tea too...

Poor kid sounds very painful!

Are you using any cream on her? Sounds like a barrier cream is needed...

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Dont Know what to do?

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:22 am

Yeah could be satsumas hun, charlotte had exactly the same thing a few weeks ago. It was awful :( I agree with steph, a barrier cream is definitely needed until she's peed and pood it all out x

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Dont Know what to do?

Postby juboo752 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:15 am

Thanks for the advice, didn't think of camomile, great idea, think i've got some in the cupboard :D I've tried just bathing her but i cant get her to sit down, it just seems too painful :(

I've just been using Diaper Rash Salve onher but trying to get it on is a nightmare, i think it must be stinging her quite badly :-?

Its just awful see her in so much pain, when i'm wiping her she's shouting for Daddy and trying to get away from me :cry: I feel really :cry: Hopefully something will work soon!

Maybe we'll lay off the satumas then and see if thats what it is :roll: :-?

Thanks again :hug:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Dont Know what to do?

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:19 am

if you can get hold of some metanium cream today that would be best atm x

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Dont Know what to do?

Postby juboo752 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:58 am

fluffycabbage wrote:if you can get hold of some metanium cream today that would be best atm x


Will try and gets some and give that a go, thanks :D

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Site Supporter

Re: Dont Know what to do?

Postby Scotia » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:02 am

Aw, poor wee thing. I remember this with my girls, luckily the boys have never had very bad nappy rash. Sounds like you've had good advice, let's hope she recovers quickly. I found it started to heal over within a few hours when dd had it this bad, so hopefully you will see an improvement by tonight. I'd go for nappy changes as often as every hour too if she's wet at all and try to let the air at it as much as possible.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Dont Know what to do?

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:02 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Can you bathe her instead?

Or put a towel under her bum and use soaked cotton wool and lots and lots of diluted bicarb solution to clean her instead? Very soothing...
Cold/luke warm cammomile tea too...

Poor kid sounds very painful!

Are you using any cream on her? Sounds like a barrier cream is needed...

I agree with every thing here.
It could be the orange, we can't give Gracie anything orangy as she is the same, her bits look like she has been scalded and she screams, I also think that the last time she got taken to hospital when she woke screaming and screaming was because of orange as well (or possibly it was) she stole 1 bit of Anna's orange and I think that was enough to cause an extreme reaction xx :hug: :hug:

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Dont Know what to do?

Postby juboo752 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:42 pm

Kirstyh wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:Can you bathe her instead?

Or put a towel under her bum and use soaked cotton wool and lots and lots of diluted bicarb solution to clean her instead? Very soothing...
Cold/luke warm cammomile tea too...

Poor kid sounds very painful!

Are you using any cream on her? Sounds like a barrier cream is needed...

I agree with every thing here.
It could be the orange, we can't give Gracie anything orangy as she is the same, her bits look like she has been scalded and she screams, I also think that the last time she got taken to hospital when she woke screaming and screaming was because of orange as well (or possibly it was) she stole 1 bit of Anna's orange and I think that was enough to cause an extreme reaction xx :hug: :hug:


Thats what Lottie's bits look like too, she goes all rigid as soon as i go to pick her up, its that sore :( She seems a bit happier this afternoon and no more poo's either so thats good, hopefully we are over the worst!

Next

Return to Nappy Rash