hf1

Thinking about taking a break/giving up :-(

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Thinking about taking a break/giving up :-(

Postby Allie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Dexter has the most horrendous nappy rash at the moment and nothing I do seems to help. I've tried stripping all his nappies, various creams, nappy off time and all the usual things but i'm reaching the end of my tether. I dread nappy changes as he is so sore :( . I haven't yet bought any sposies but it's only a matter of time. I'm so sad at the thought of giving up my beloved cloth but don't want my obsession with cloth to mean that my poor boy suffers. I only ever use fitteds and wool so i'm not sure what else to try. Maybe his sore bottom needs a break and perhaps I do too :-?

I should add that he is teething too so that's not helping :roll:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Thinking about taking a break/giving up :-(

Postby megansmummy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Oh no :( Poor Dexter hun!! and poor you :hug:

What type of linned nappies/liners are you using? Maybe a change is that might help keep his bum drier or something? Have you tried metanium cream?

:hug: I know you have probably tried all the different things and stuff but just thought i would check to see if any of us can think of anything :hug:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:24 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:
I can completely sympathise. Sposies might not help though...if I had a very sore bottom, I'd rather wear scrummy bv or minkee rather than plastic and paper pants.

It might be worth giving them a go, but I've always found that quantitous amounts of metanium (with nappy liners) has shifted nappy rash really quickly.

Hope it clears up soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:25 pm

megansmummy wrote:Oh no :( Poor Dexter hun!! and poor you :hug:

What type of linned nappies/liners are you using? Maybe a change is that might help keep his bum drier or something? Have you tried metanium cream?

:hug: I know you have probably tried all the different things and stuff but just thought i would check to see if any of us can think of anything :hug:

I currently use fleece liners, I have tried no liners too but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I did try metanium once but Dex reacted to it and came out in a rash all over (Harriet used to also :roll: ) so i've not dared try it again :(

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:25 pm

Have you thought maybe it could be a thrush infection rather than "simple" nappy rash? Bella had a truly horrendous nappy rash (she still has scars on her lady bits from it :oops: ) which turned out to be a thrush infection and needed cream from the doctor to clear it up.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:27 pm

tanya2007 wrote:Have you thought maybe it could be a thrush infection rather than "simple" nappy rash? Bella had a truly horrendous nappy rash (she still has scars on her lady bits from it :oops: ) which turned out to be a thrush infection and needed cream from the doctor to clear it up.

I've tried treating him for thrush too but as it's made no difference i'm assuming it's not that either. Thanks for all these suggestions ladies, maybe there is something i've missed :-?

Harriet has scars from a really bad nappy rash too :oops: :(

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:28 pm

I have about a million minkee liners if you want to try those? just let me know...

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:30 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: I've got some minkee liners if you want me to send you those to try out? Also what wipes are you using? I swear by Pampers sensitive wipes :oops: we gave re-usables a go but Austin started getting a rash and I've yet to pluck up the courage to try again (I will though :wink: )
:hug: to both of you

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:31 pm

It would definitely be worth giving minkee a try, I've heard of quite a few LOs not getting on with fleece, so it could be irritating his sore bits :(

I also have some silk liners I've never used if you want them free (I got them pre-loved, not sure if they're slightly stained or meant to be off-white :| )

Next

Return to Nappy Rash