hf1

Thinking about taking a break/giving up :-(

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Thinking about taking a break/giving up :-(

Postby juboo752 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:05 pm

tanya2007 wrote:Have you thought maybe it could be a thrush infection rather than "simple" nappy rash? Bella had a truly horrendous nappy rash (she still has scars on her lady bits from it :oops: ) which turned out to be a thrush infection and needed cream from the doctor to clear it up.

WSS Lottie has had that too and it cleared up really quickly with canasesten (sp?) cream. Lottie seams to get it when she is teething for some reason and makes nappy changes an absolute nightmare!

Massive :hug: :hug: its awful i know, i hope it gets better soon.

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Hi hun

First big :hug: - I haven't read everyone's replies so sorry if I repeat anything! :oops:

My Dexter had awful nappy rash when he was teething to the extent that his skin broke and bleed :cry: and he'd cream when he got his nappy change esp. when I was trying to put cream on x

We -

Stopped using baby wipes all together - cotton wool and water only,
Gave him a good soaking followed by a good airing
Smothered him in cream over night ( in a sposie) - the first time it happened met'ium cream worked, the second time sudocream.
Changed so regularly! - we kept running out of cloth as we wouls change as soon as he was wet or we :oops: heard! that he needed changing :giggle:

x x x hope he gets better soon its horrid x x

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:26 pm

:hug: :hug: from me. I have had similar issues in the past too. I finally found that the following worked for us:

soak in the bath
Nappy free after bath for as long as possible
24-48 hours in sposies using cream

this cleared it up and then back into scrummy cloth (until the next flare up :cry: then repeat)

I really hope it heals soon hun

jan x

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:36 pm

Im in the same situation. Im actually giving up on cloth overnight. Its only ever the night nappies which cause problems :roll: Charlie has horrible burns atm, which actually go on their own without using lots of chemical creams, if i use sposies overnight....
Ive also found pockets are much better at keeping the rash at bay, fitteds are definitely aggravating it. But thats the opposite to most :giggle:

FC you find a solution soon x :hug:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:24 am

Really feel for you hun :hug: :hug: :hug: we've stopped using cloth for this reason. We've tried everything and nothing worked and it went for months were we would keep trying to use cloth. Its disappointing I know :hug:

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:48 pm

We're having the same issues. Lyra had burn type rashes on her girly bits and now has scars. I washed all her nappies in bold the other day, forgetting she has a reaction, and yesterday she woke up with 7 burn type blisters. She is teething but her bum is horrendous. She's having A&P powders, and I'm only drying her if she's wee'd. We only use fitteds with a minkee liner. I found disposible wipes aggrivated her more, so just used our cloth wipes with water and patted her when she pooed. I'm getting pretty sick of the situation and my poor baby crying because she's in pain, so am seriosuly considering giving up. Our stash only consists of sandys, wonderoos and tots so a very boring and wouldn't be misse stash.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:51 pm

sounds like you have had a heap of good advice already so just some :hug: :hug: from me and I so hope it clears soon xx

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Allie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:52 pm

zippie-purple-monkey wrote:We're having the same issues. Lyra had burn type rashes on her girly bits and now has scars. I washed all her nappies in bold the other day, forgetting she has a reaction, and yesterday she woke up with 7 burn type blisters. She is teething but her bum is horrendous. She's having A&P powders, and I'm only drying her if she's wee'd. We only use fitteds with a minkee liner. I found disposible wipes aggrivated her more, so just used our cloth wipes with water and patted her when she pooed. I'm getting pretty sick of the situation and my poor baby crying because she's in pain, so am seriosuly considering giving up. Our stash only consists of sandys, wonderoos and tots so a very boring and wouldn't be misse stash.

Poor little love :( , :hug: :hug: :hug: hope it clears up soon. I thought i'd cracked it a couple of days ago when it all seemed to be clearing up but it's getting bad again so back to the drawing board :-?

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:09 pm

scrunchkins wrote:Poor little love :( , :hug: :hug: :hug: hope it clears up soon. I thought i'd cracked it a couple of days ago when it all seemed to be clearing up but it's getting bad again so back to the drawing board :-?

It's heartbreaking seeing them in pain, isn't it? I hope u manage to find something that works. Metanium made lo's rash worse, so we use sudocrem and I put LOADS on. Her rash is more pinky today so less inflammed than yesterday. FC we both suss it & our lo's bums get peachy again!

PreviousNext

Return to Nappy Rash