hf1

Thinking about taking a break/giving up :-(

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Thinking about taking a break/giving up :-(

Postby becky1978 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:14 pm

Archie has suffered a lot with nasty blistery rashes. Twice he's had to have antibiotics because the doctor said he thought there was an infection and the rash just wouldn't clear up of it's own accord. Is it worth going down that route at all?

One night the rash was so bad that I put him to bed in no nappy at all, just laid him on lots of prefolds and towels and checked him every couple of hours (he didn't pee all night weirdly :shock: ) and that made a heck of a difference, in the morning the rash had 'dried up' a bit and was well on the way to healing. Try it if you're feeling brave, ,y DH thought I'd lost my marbles putting a 9 month old abby to bed with no nappy on!

Bepanthen is the only cream I have found that works for Archie, literally smother him in it every single nappy change, and he crawls around with no nappy on all the time if we're at home.

I know how you feel about not wanting to use yucky sposies, the doctor said I should put him in them until he clears up but I just said I would rather not use a nappy at all, and that's what I did.

I really hope you find something that works and in the meantime :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: Thinking about taking a break/giving up :-(

Postby littlesez » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:15 pm

we have had bouts of nappy rash and seems to be with it smells strong! my mum had a thought that she might not be getting enough water/milk and becasue of teething izzy has been off ehr food and having BF aaaalllllllll the time at the mo. The rash is definatley much much better. just a thought :wink:

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash