My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help needed again please!

Postby juboo752 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:10 am

fluffycabbage wrote:
juboo752 wrote:
fluffycabbage wrote:Yep size 4 would be good then Julie. Defo take her to the docs to get some more suitable cream though, poor lass :(

Thanks

I'm kicking myself that i didn't take her today :oops:

She'll survive :wink: I am in that boat too, theyre both ill, chest infections. Maybe you should do what im gonna do, and take Lottie to an emergency doctors surgery tomorrow. I think maybe 2 more days would be a bit like torture :-?

Oh no :hug: :hug: for your lo's hope they get better quickly! Not sure what happens up here, out of hours, i've never had to take any of them, i think you just have to ring NHS 24 but i haven't got a clue :oops:

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:19 pm

Just thought i'd do a little update. We are still no further forward infact i would say it is getting worse :cry: I am getting really fed up tbh.

I took her to the Doc's 2 weeks ago, they prescribed Daktarin which we have been using ever since, but still no better, she wont let us wipe her bottom at all, its a complete battle at every change, and she is sobbing her little heart out every time shouting "sore mummy". She hates a bath now, she wont sit down it in at all because she knows its going to hurt, she used to love her bath :( I have tried her is disposables, i have stripped every nappy, fleece liner and wipe we own. Cut back on sugary foods ect but still no better.

Just dont know what else to do............... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ETA: Forgot to say she has loads of nappy free time too!

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:25 pm

poor love :( must be awful for both of you :hug:
does your gp have any sympathy at all? im thinking you need a referral to the paediatrics at the hospital. if its not clearing and shes in pain constantly, then something needs to be done. If your gp is crap, then just go to a&e and sit there til you're seen. You're desperate now. And Lottie shouldnt be suffering. (not having a go at you at all hun, but something needs to be done asap! Your gp doesnt seem to be bothered :-? )

ETA have you eliminated all citrus?

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:44 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:poor love :( must be awful for both of you :hug:
does your gp have any sympathy at all? im thinking you need a referral to the paediatrics at the hospital. if its not clearing and shes in pain constantly, then something needs to be done. If your gp is crap, then just go to a&e and sit there til you're seen. You're desperate now. And Lottie shouldnt be suffering. (not having a go at you at all hun, but something needs to be done asap! Your gp doesnt seem to be bothered :-? )

ETA have you eliminated all citrus?

Thanks for the :hug: Yep we have.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:46 pm

:hug: :hug: Poor Lottie. We're having similar problems after Katie'a antibiotics caused a few nasty poos. :hug: :hug: Have you tried wet healing at all?

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:48 pm

thats sounds interesting, whats that louise?

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:53 pm

Louise wrote::hug: :hug: Poor Lottie. We're having similar problems after Katie'a antibiotics caused a few nasty poos. :hug: :hug: Have you tried wet healing at all?

Thanks
Oh no i haven't, what is it :-?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:02 am

I'm not sure if its effective for thrush but I've been soaking a fleece liner in chamomile tea and putting it in Katie's nappies, mainly just the night time ones. It seems to be helping clear up her rash. I'd probably take Lottie back to the GP too as the rash could well be infected and you may need an antifungal with antibiotics in it.

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:48 am

Louise wrote:I'm not sure if its effective for thrush but I've been soaking a fleece liner in chamomile tea and putting it in Katie's nappies, mainly just the night time ones. It seems to be helping clear up her rash. I'd probably take Lottie back to the GP too as the rash could well be infected and you may need an antifungal with antibiotics in it.

I think i might give that a go, i've been trying to give her camomile tea baths, and i'll take her back to the doc's on Monday, to me it doesn't look like thrush anymore. It more like like burns, as is its red raw from the top of her front right up her back to the top of her bottom and inside iyswim. Its also really difficult to clean her because she clenches tight due to the pain :cry:

Hope Katie's bottom gets better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

PreviousNext

Return to Nappy Rash