hf1

really need some help

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

really need some help

Postby girlinleeds » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:33 pm

pippa's had nappy rash for about 4 weeks now, it's a patch not on her bum but right on her front area :oops: (can't think of a polite way to describe where it is) it's been bleeding on and of for four weeks, not gtting better but not getting any worst. Today her key worker spoke to me when we picked her up from nursery and said they were concerned because she's had this rash for so long and it's bleeding, i explained we're really trying to get rid of it and even asked the dr about it on monday when we took her about her cough and all he said is plenty of nappy free time and her anti biotics for her cough might help
so far we've
stripped her nappies twice
alowed her as much nappy free time as we can
tried chamomille tea, sudacream, metanium and bebantham
any suggestions i'm getting desperate :(
xx

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: really need some help

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:34 pm

what nappies do you use? do you use liners? have you tried a week of disposables? and does she have any allergies such as milk? does she eat a lot of citrus? x

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby girlinleeds » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:46 pm

we mainly use pockets and a few aio's, we're using fleece liners at the moment because of the cream but have used them before and no problems, she's allergic to egg but we manage to avoid it. Dh let her eat a full orange yesterday :roll: but normally she has a couple of segments twice a week because she loves it but it does make her sore. She gets even sorer if we put her in disposables, all her skin in contact with the nappy starts to break down within hours so guessing she's reacting to something in them, which is a big reasson why we switched
xxx

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:01 pm

hmmm. well cut out the oranges and anything vaguely citrus completely. that definitely irritates little girls bits. she may react to sposies because they tend to hold wee a bit closer to the skin than fleece liners/lined nappies, and if the wee is highly acidic it could cause problems....does she have thrush? tbh i think you need a second opinion from a doctor, not the same one!
how tight are her clothes over her nappy?
also bathe her every day (twice if you can) in nothing but plain water and pat dry.
poor little thing :(

ETA have you tried Unguentum Merk cream? x

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 pm

the only thing that cleared ours up (was same i think) almost like raw skin :( was metanium but it took about a month. i only used a really thin layer. def avoid wiping too much water and patting dry is a good tip as sarah said.

:roll: to nursery ! like your not already doing all you can :hug: now since it was passed the raw skin stage i switched to a natural nappy balm and its not been that bad ever since and also stops any mild /moderate soreness getting bad too.

:hug: poor bubs its awful isnt it :hug:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:05 pm

You could try eco sposies, that way theres no harsh gels etc? Also, when ds2 had a rash that was bleeding slightly, the Dr gave a cream that cleared it up really quickly - sorry I can't remember the name. I'd def go back & see another Dr if you can :hug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:56 pm

any better hun :hug:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:30 pm

I recomend silver liners too. Dawn had the exact same thing and it's clearing up now. I've been using a mixture of boots nappy balm, Pot of Gold nappy balm and the silver liners. Along with using only water on her to clean and patting dry. And nthing in her bath.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:41 pm

well we're getting there slowy, no more bleeding but looking very sore, she cries now when i do her bum, but it does look like it's a little bit better, i'm going to giv it till monday and if no better go back to the dr's, might try some silver liners too, think it's helping that her poo's firmed up over the last coupe of days so it's not getting to the sore bits straight away, she's loving all the extra baths though, she's such a water baby :hohoho:

Next

Return to Nappy Rash