sore weeping bottom :-(

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: sore weeping bottom :-(

Postby twinkletot » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:06 pm

I will have a look at those two thanks :D

nappynutter wrote:If the skin is open and weeping then it's worth checking that it's not thrush especially if it doesn't go away after a few days.

Hadn't thought it could be that! I will make an appointment for him if it hasn't gone down by tuesday morning.

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:07 pm

I'd get something from the doctor, we used thrush cream and use a natural oilly cream like bebemui or northern essence now we are healed,
hope his bum gets better soon :hug:

My avatar
cvdbout
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby cvdbout » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:19 pm

DS has the exact same, it breaks my heart every time I need to wipe him (only twice a day) but he properly sobs with pain :cry:

We've been doing a mis of metanium, timodine, and thrush cream, alternating the thrush stuff and timodine night to night, with metanium on top. It seems to be getting better, slowly but surely. I wish I could do more nappy free time, but he asks for a nappy every time recently

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Wet healing works wonders for this kind of soreness... Soak a fleece liner in cold cammomile tea and place it wet into a fitted nappy (works best overnight)...

Remove ALL microfibre from your nappies until completely healed and stick to fitteds and wool if you can instead of pockets as this is more breathable.

As much nappy off time as you can manage too although I realise this isn't always practical...

For a LO with sensitive skin Angel Baby Bottom Balm is the best stuff I've found - I couldn't even use sudocreme on Isabelle but this stuff was amazing :)

And yes - best to get it checked by a Dr as it could be thrush...

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:48 pm

Oo I will get some camomile tea tomorrow and do it for his nappy tomorrow night :)

Such fab advice thanks sooo much.

My avatar
WillowRose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby WillowRose » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:32 am

We use chamomile tea in the bath, and for nappy off time we wipe with the tea, then let it air dry, then repeat with that over and over. :)

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:03 am

Is it like its burnt? almost like carpet burn? I have been giving izzy barley water to drink (not shop bought) just boiled barley with water strained off. It apparently dilutes the acid in her wee :-? it has helped. I tend to use natural balms rather than medicated ones and yes nappy off time as much as possible i even loosly tie terrys around her while she is being very :babyroll: so there is air but not as messy as nappy completely off :babyrolleyes:

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash