hf1

What can I do?

My avatar
bedheaduk
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

What can I do?

Postby bedheaduk » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:57 pm

Barney has an upset stomack with associated manky nappies. We normally use pockets in the day and fitteds and wool at night, but neither of these are managing to contain his manky poo so this morning we had to put him in sposies. He's been wearing a sposie since 11am (not the same one, we do change him :giggle: ) and already when I put him to bed he's clawing at the back of his bum. Something in sposies irritates his skin and sparks up his excema on his bum which is part of the reason why we switched back to cloth. What can I do? The second his poo is vaugely normal he's going back in his cloth, but does any one have any ideas how I can make him more comfortable in the mean time?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: What can I do?

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:34 pm

You could always put large fleece liners into the disps if you have to use disps - to protect his skin...

Isabelle was actually allergic to disposables so we always sent a few extra fleece liners to nursery just incase she went through ALL the nappies I sent so that she could still be nappied in an emergency...

To be honest though they're kinda plasticy and they're probably making him quite sweaty and I'm not sure if the fleece would help with that but it is worth a try...

I can't really help much though as I've always found cloth contained manky poops waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than disps!

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Site Supporter

Postby Scotia » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:39 pm

Does a barrier cream help at all?

My avatar
bedheaduk
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby bedheaduk » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I can't really help much though as I've always found cloth contained manky poops waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than disps!

Maybe they would if they fitted better, we are having a few fit issues with some of them at the minute. Maybe I'll drag out our old bumbles and wraps tomorrow and see how they do, assuming I can get any of his trousers over them!! Don't actually have any fleece liners as all our nappies are fleece lined but I'll maybe steal one of Millie's blankets and hope she doen't notice. Barrier cream would be a good plan if we had any, he never, ever gets nappy rash in cloth so we are tottaly unprepared, oh is bringing some ASDA stuff home, but maybe I'll wander to the chemist in the morning as well.
xx

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:22 pm

if you have muslin squares you could try lining the nappy with them instead of fleece, we tried that last time DD became explosive :giggle: and it worked really well

My avatar
bedheaduk
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby bedheaduk » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:32 pm

Ooooo, that's a good idea!! We have about a million muslin squares upstairs as Barney was a sicky newborn, I'll give that a try in the morning, thank you!!
xx

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:37 pm

no problem, we used them a few times because they are so soft and absorbant, plus if you line the whole inside it will hopefully keep the nasty sposie away from his skin, my DS gets really bad eczema caused by Johnsons products and sposies but thankfully he is PT'd now.

Hope it works for you

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Site Supporter

Postby Scotia » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:39 pm

Kerr's allergic to Johnsons too :-?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Hope the muslins help. I think I'd be tempted to dig out the bumbles if not. Hope he's feeling better soon too. :hug:

Scotia wrote:Kerr's allergic to Johnsons too :-?

Johnson's is full of awful chemicals so I'm not surprised.

Next

Return to Nappy Rash