Never doubt your instincts...

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Never doubt your instincts...

Postby Scotia » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:42 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
northernruth wrote: (but god forbid we get pedantic on these boards :wink: )

LMAO! :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

Oh you two are naughty! :giggle:

I've never used Metanium, is that the one that stains nappies? I've used Sudocrem more than anything, but not needed any cream for a long time - just as well really because there is a full tub of Sudocrem missing somewhere in this house!

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Eoin's had a bad reaction to metanium too, huge rash and bleeding bits :( hope Grace's bottom is better soon :hug: :hug:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:49 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
northernruth wrote: (but god forbid we get pedantic on these boards :wink: )

LMAO! :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

:giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:53 pm

bryc1 wrote:Another one who can't use Metanium, it splits her skin so she end up bleeding and very sore. It was actually on your recomedation I tried angel baby and I soo wont use any other now and really appreciate your help. :hug: for her sore bottom.

I wonder if thats what made Lottie's bottom worse, i idin't put 2 and 2 together until reading this but i bought some to use as i'd heard good things about it but her bottom got worse fairly soon after using it, i just put it down to her bottom getting worse though and not the cream :oops:
I'm just using the daktarin from the doc's and a good helping of sudocrem over night and touch wood i am seeing a little improvement, so long may it last! :D

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:51 pm

Nathan gets a red bum from the waitrose bottom butter stuff.think it only contains olive oil and vanilla so i think it must be the vanilla.
Sudocream and metanium work well for us but i might get some of this angel stuff,where from?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:04 pm

Frances wrote:Poor Grace :( Hope it clears up soon.

I swear by Metanium, it's the only thing that works for us, and clears up redness within literally seconds.

WSS!
Every babies bum is diff and will react to diff things!

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Never even heard of metanium :-? I hardly ever use nappy cream unless it is really bad but I use sudocreme and some zinc and castor oil cream I got from morrisons when Jonathan was a baby that works a treat (although it is probably out of date by now) :wink: My boys don't have very sensitive bums though.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:11 pm

bepanthem fan here too! but generally any sore bums get treated with air really (i'm such a cheapskate of late!lol) metamium stained loads of stuff here, but i wouldn't say any were allergic here, even casey on hypoallergenic diet after her bowel surgery had this on her bum, and her skin used to fall away if runny poop got near it (she had daily enema's and suppositries etc) i wish they'd actually made the stuff trialed on her into something u could buy, it used to come on a lollipop looking thing and made a second skin, fab stuff, almost like spray plaster stuff only not as nasty.x

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:14 pm

Isn't amazing how different every bottom is :giggle:

I swear by Metanium if dd gets a really weepy bottom as it is an oitment (ie a dry cream) and you only need a teeny bit, where as most others are "wet " creams, but i also do love "Calendula" cream - smells gorgeous too :D

PreviousNext

Return to Nappy Rash