Never doubt your instincts...

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Never doubt your instincts...

Postby 2climbingboys » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:03 pm

dawnsmummy wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:
I must remember to stay away from this stuff. I've almost bought it a couple of times, but then bought a cheaper cream instead :oops: I'm loving Boots own Bottom Balm I think it's called.

My fave nappy cream is waitrose's one bottom butter I think it is called. It is really natural, cheap and is a fab lip balm too.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
northernruth wrote:How could you possibly have an instinct about a nappy cream? sorry Grace has a sore bum, but it's just coincidence

I can see where you are coming from... But I am aware of how both my girls tend to react to 'off the shelf' products including e.g. sudocreme which Isabelle was allergic/intolerant too for ages... Hence my instinct to avoid a 'strong' product...
Metanium contains some pretty harsh chemicals and even DH was shocked when I told him what was in it...

Plus as you'll see from the other posters Grace is not alone in having a bad reaction to it ;)

Mums instincts are funny things :wink:

I don't think it is co-incidence really - sure if she'd poo'd then I'd think it was as that alone can aggravate a rash but this rash was one she's had for a few weeks in a mild way and there was no reason for it to worsen in the hour before bed...

Ah I see what you mean - I would say you had a suspicion that was proved right, rather than an instinct (but god forbid we get pedantic on these boards :wink: ) I didn't mean it was co-incidence about the sore bum, more that it was co-incidence that you were proved right, but it doesn't sound like it now :giggle:

Metanium always worked brilliantly for us, but Sudocrem did the job too, so maybe we're not as sensitive.

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:17 pm

Another one who can't use Metanium, it splits her skin so she end up bleeding and very sore. It was actually on your recomedation I tried angel baby and I soo wont use any other now and really appreciate your help. :hug: for her sore bottom.

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:18 pm

Metanium is like wonder cream here. :giggle: I guess you know the type of stuff that might cause a reaction through experience though. Hope her bum is peachy soon. Kamilosan is nice stuff too.

My avatar
mrsm4
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mrsm4 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:27 pm

2climbingboys wrote:My fave nappy cream is waitrose's one bottom butter I think it is called. It is really natural, cheap and is a fab lip balm too.

WSS :) its fab stuff

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:31 pm

Never used metanium here (had never even heard of it until very recently). Bepanthen and sudocrem all the way :wink: , they both work wonderfully for us. Sudocrem is lovely stuff, I LOVE the smell :giggle: yeah I'm weird, I know. I had excema on my stomach for ages and was trying all sorts of creams to get rid of it and none were working, eventually was sitting one day reading the tub of sudocrem and noticed that it said it could be used for excema. Gave it a shot and it worked straight away :wine: .

My avatar
mmm_pooky
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mmm_pooky » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:32 pm

we use kamilosan here too or good old fashioned airing cos my oldest is highly allergic to lanolin so am very wary of what creams etc are in the house. :( Sudocrem is full of it and my mum put some on my lo's dribble rash the other day without me knowing. :x my poor son only had a little cuddle and he started wheezing and his nose was running for hours afterwards. thankfully I had some pirotin in!! Poor thing cant even have his face painted :cry:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:37 pm

Poor Grace :( Hope it clears up soon.

I swear by Metanium, it's the only thing that works for us, and clears up redness within literally seconds.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:38 pm

northernruth wrote: (but god forbid we get pedantic on these boards :wink: )

LMAO! :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

PreviousNext

Return to Nappy Rash