hf1

Help..TMI pic included

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Help..TMI pic included

Postby vampiredreams » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:20 am

Niamh (my 4yr old) woke this morning in her toddler Bedbug which was lined using a minkee liner with this really odd patterning/rash...any ideas?

Apparently it is slightly sore, is slightly raised and looks like blodd veining :-? never seen anything like it

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Help..TMI pic included

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:58 am

i don't know hun, but ouch! didn't wanna leave u unanswered.x

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:59 am

That does look painful. Not sure what the elastic is like on those nappies but could it have been done up to tight. :hug: :hug: hope it goes down quickly.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:15 am

I know you say the nappy was lined with minkee, but it looks like the nappy has rubbed her leg or maybe even pinched it somehow.

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Chooky » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:22 am

beck wrote:That does look painful. Not sure what the elastic is like on those nappies but could it have been done up to tight. :hug: :hug: hope it goes down quickly.

tanya2007 wrote:I know you say the nappy was lined with minkee, but it looks like the nappy has rubbed her leg or maybe even pinched it somehow.

WTS my thoughts exactly! Hope she feels better soon :hug:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:23 am

No help I'm afraid but never seen nappy rash like that before. I does look quite dry though and lucas gets red and dry on his thighs if the nappy gets too soggy. My only suggestion would be make sure it is boosted enough and sudocreme works almost instantly for us.

Don't know if that helps at all :-?

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Right it is always done up so I can slide my finger comfortably betweeen thuigh n nappy, so not too tight and that 'webbing' is on the inner of her right buttock...(the green card was covering her sphincter & modesty!!) She has never had anything like this before

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Chooky » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Is there any chance she did this before bed, say while playing? it may have been only a little bit red so you may not have noticed. Overnight it may have started to heal so that you now only see the worst part... you can sort of see a line where it seems to suddenly end. IYKWIM?

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:22 pm

Chooky wrote:Is there any chance she did this before bed, say while playing? it may have been only a little bit red so you may not have noticed. Overnight it may have started to heal so that you now only see the worst part... you can sort of see a line where it seems to suddenly end. IYKWIM?

No there was deffo no sign of anything on her bum when we changed her that night and she wore a statinator (sp?) over the top....she was knackered as we'd spent the day at the zoo so went sleep within minutes of being in bed and she took it off when she woke (found it in a pile in the bath :shock: )...so was 1st noticed Wednesday am at 6am

Next

Return to Nappy Rash