hf1

Northern Essence

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Northern Essence

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:04 am

Wasn't quite sure where to post but I guess here is as good as anywhere...

I'm thinking about getting some of the northern essence foaming wash (the teatree and lavender free stuff) as I so rarely use our washable wipes but these days when she's usually just wet then I end up washing her wet-wipes and reusing them so it seems silly to keep using wetwipes for wet nappy changes... (would probably still use flushables for pooey ones)

SO the actual question is: Has anyone's LO had a bad reaction to it on their skin? I stopped using washable wipes as I found that they actually made Isabelle's skin sore but I think that could be partly due to cross contamination - i.e. my hands picking up a wet wipe having touched a dirty bum - going in the water and then back on her bum...
And i never found a satisfactory solution to use - cammomile tea was good but I couldn't use any sort of soap or babywash as it made her sore :roll:

So for those who have LOs with super sensitive skin do you have any experience of this? I'm quite tempted to just buy a little 2oz bottle and try it out but then again I don't want to risk horrible rashes and the milarkey we have to go through to get rid of them if she's going to react...

My avatar
baby_bufters
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby baby_bufters » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:41 am

Mine did...I just use water with washable wipes. Run the wipe under the tap. I use a bit of goats milk soap if its pooey one.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:06 am

baby_bufters wrote:Mine did...

Do you mean yours did react? :(

My avatar
baby_bufters
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby baby_bufters » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:23 am

Velvetsteph wrote:
baby_bufters wrote:Mine did...

Do you mean yours did react? :(

Just thats what i meant...wasnt meant to be on here so was typing fast :oops:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:27 pm

i have no idea about the foaming stuff (i have a small bottle that i have never used ...if you want i can try it when boo wakes up (tho he hasn't gone to sleep yet!!)...but about the cross contamination prob, i keep my wipes solution in a squirty water bottle so i squirt the stuff on a clean dry wipe and never touch the solution myself iyswim..i also intentionally have a small bottle so i am forced to change the solution very frequently (i found that with a bigger bottle it would sometimes last 4 days and then i would forget to change it beofre then andf then be worried that something would grow in it!)

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:24 pm

I used it a few times, then the bottle diappeared :roll: It didn't have any bad effect on Katie's bum.

I make up the wipes solution every few days and had no probs with that. I take out a few wipes before I start changing the nappy, (if I know it's a dirty one then I'll get out more) so I'm not putting my dirty hands in woth the wipes.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:56 pm

I use the sensitive one on Ryan. He has very sensitive skin and there's not much I can use but I've had no problems with it so far. Here's what it contains if that helps -
Deionised water, sunflower oil, coconut oil, citric acid, calendula, apricot kernel oil, potassium hydroxide, sweet orange essential oil, lemon essential oil & Vitamin E.

Louise

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:21 pm

Thanks Louise that's a HUGE help - I'll definately give it a whirl then :)

Does it really say potassium hydroxide? :? :? :? That's 'orrible stuff! :shock:
Last edited by Velvetsteph on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:21 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Thanks Louise that's a HUGE help - I'll definately give it a whirl then :)

Does it really say potassium hydroxide? :?:?:? That's 'orrible stuff! :shock:

what is it?

Next

Return to Nappy Rash