hf1

bleeding bottom :-(

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

bleeding bottom :-(

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:28 pm

hey all wondered if anyone has some advice really. i put a pocket on taliesin yesterday, three hours it was on and when i took it off it looked like his bum had been burnt. was soooo sore! he's only worn it about 3 times, so shouldn't need stripping or anything, it's minkee inner and outer but i think has a pul lining somewhere. anyhoo i let some air get to it, for an hour or so (mopping up puddles as we went along! :roll: ) put him to bed in an all obv bedbug, this morning i took it off and where it looked burnt it was tiny pin prick holes in his skin that were bleeding! i felt awful. usually he is always in wool, fitteds and wool of some kind, would this possibly mean pul or whatever has a really bad effect on him now? and what would be the best treatment? i was thinking of taking his nappy off now we are home, letting the air get to it then when it's drier i bought some bepanthen today to put on, as i can't do metamium or sudocreme.

any other suggestions? or if anyone could shed some light on why this happened i'd be really grateful.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: bleeding bottom :-(

Postby northernruth » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:34 pm

NO advice but :hug: , hope it gets better soon

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:37 pm

Imogen has this atm too so :hug: :hug: :hug: , I'm doing lots nappy off time and then when she does have a nappy on lots and lots of cream

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:41 pm

I have never used pockets on Kieren (i gathered a few when i was going back to work but sold them after i decided not to without using them) He is always in fitteds and wool...

I got some minkee's to try at night time and they are a pul pocket and we got exactly what you described everytime he wore one...i have sold them all now and we have never had it again? :-? I put it down to the PUL and perhaps his skin not breathing like it does in fitteds/wool etc causing the problem but i dont really know :-?

:hug: hope its better soon hun!!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:42 pm

bless her, it's stopped bleeding for now thank god, but he's happily playing and i think liking air on his bum! bepanthem... good or bad? don't wanna make him hurt. i'm tempted to put something powder based like like liquid talc to help it dry a bit and make it more comfy for him. we tried magic cream but that did bugger all.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:46 pm

thanks tory, maybe it is pul things that do it then. we only have 2 pul pockets and gutted as one is very special. maybe his bum has become used to a more air flowy type thing and we just can't use pul anymore. i haven't used wraps in yonks now, i discovered interlock stuff recently and found a new love Image

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:48 pm

I'm not a fan of bepanthem but only as I find it really greasy, I tend to use Metanium during the day and loads of sudocreme at night but these are just what works for us, also I'm not using any baby wipes at the moment as they really make her cry :cry: when she poops I rinse her in the shower and a bit of cotton wool & cooled boiled water for wees

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:56 pm

I like bepanthen, prefer it to metainium...the metanium just seems sooooo strong :-?

I also use zinc and caster oil cream (from boots) on every change when he is pinkish...

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:56 pm

If there are definite spots then I'd get it checked out in case of infection. Tallin has had a couple of courses of antibiotics after getting skin infections on his bum.

Personally I'd ditch the creams and opt for something natural instead, far kinder to the skin.

Next

Return to Nappy Rash