hf1

bleeding bottom :-(

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: bleeding bottom :-(

Postby becky1978 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:00 pm

I love Bepanthen, it always works a treat here.

Maybe T has toxic wee at the mo? Is he drinking lots during the day to make sure it's really dilute?

Pockets dont agree with Archies bum, also I have heard people say that their LOs have bad reactions to microfibre, so that oculd explain the Bedbug maybe?

|When i put Archie to bed if his bum is sore I use 3 fleece liners - 1 lenghtways as normal and 2 laid horizontally so they hang out the leg holes iyswim.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:05 pm

hmmm dunno. don't really use the bugs much right now, he's normally in a dunk n fluff or a day nappy with an interlock soaker, i got told to cut his milk, but how can i refuse him when he wants it? so i put him back to 4 7oz bottles a day. he eats a far bit though of late :shock:

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Acidic food? Tomatoes, oranges etc? Archie just seems to get toxic wee somtimes and there's no rhyme or reason to it.

Hope he gets better soon xxx

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:16 pm

hmmm not in the last few days. i got him in his tots right now with no cover, changing him when damp. washing machine will love me.....

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:17 pm

I got to that stage at one point, literally changed him as soon as he wee'd.

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:44 pm

wash with water at nappy changes - even a quick rinse in the sink if you can,
avoid commercial wet wipes - they'll aggravate it
nappy off time - have you got any lansinoh - that stops scabs forming thereby aiding healing

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:47 pm

ah thanks hun, will send si out for some. poor thing looks pickled in a rash. he's sleeping now but i'm gonna change him often. gonna try and up his water intake too to make his wee a bit more dilute.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:59 pm

What did you stuff the pockets with?

Best ever healing solution we found for the sorest skin is as follows:
Take a HUGE fleece liner (or a normal one if you don't have huge ones) and soak it in cammomile tea - put this WET into his night nappy (works in day ones too) for wet healing is the absolute best for extremely sore skin...

Angel baby bottom balm - best natural cream I have found and works like magic! Contains all sorts of fabby stuff too and no zinc either.

We tried metanium - never again I have never seen her skin so sore!

Yes plenty of water - barley water too (boil some barley in water for a few hrs and use the water)

Avoid all microfibre or if you do use it stick a layer of bamboo over it under the fleece liner and if you suspect the PUL wasn't breathable enough then avoid that too...

I found minkee liners weren't much good for us though cuddlesoft lined pockets are ok weird huh!

Strip the pockets too and make sure you're washing everything at 60 until the rash is completely clear.

Little tiny spots can be thrush or a different type of infection so worth getting seen by the GP if this is the case.

Check out the tips bit in the nappy rash section as there is lots and lots of brilliant advice there too.

While he is sore don't wipe at wee's only poo's.
Change every 1.5-2hrs while extremely sore
As much nappy off time as you can manage
Be careful what you wash him with - plain water isn't always cleansing enough for poo but commercial wipes can be too harsh...
If Grace is not sure we can use huggies pure wipes, but if her skin is at all sore they're too harsh and we use earth friendly baby wipes. If we're at home we use cloth wipes with northern essence teatreefree sensitive foaming wash.

Cammomile tea is good for a wipes solution too with a little gentle baby soap but always rinse the soap off after if you use this.

Make sure you dry him after EVERY nappy change (regardless of if you wipe or not) and reapply cream regularly as needed.

sudocream and other zinc-oxide creams aren't always appropriate as even applied thinly they are a barrier cream so they skin doesn't get to breathe as it needs...

erm I'm sure I've missed something!!

Hope that long ramble helps.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:12 pm

thankyou steph, i have most things u said except the bottom balm. i have unscented lanolin which might be worth a shot. not thought about that with soaked liners, so will try that in his night nappy tonight. i've never seen anything like it, the pocket was stuffed with 2 coolababy mf inserts, i really do think it might have been the pul after so long in wool. i generally if i am gonna use them put them loosely over a tots nappy, and he just has a t shirt on his top half for if we are in, i think maybe the mix of the pul, possibly the mf, and being in his pushchair whilst i was out did not help. so maybe all that and a bit of compression? i've only seen it like that once b4 and that was casey, after her bowel op when her poo was like fatty water, so hmmmm. think the pockets might have to go in a memory box for now. shame coz i really wanted him to use them, but not if they are gonna do this. should need stripping after 3-4 uses should it? only wash on 60 anyway as i'm a bit anal over my nappies. thanks though to all of u for pointing me a few directions on this, i wouldn't of had a clue else.

he is also teething, dunno if this makes a difference, he has 2 teeth at the top about to come thru

PreviousNext

Return to Nappy Rash