Dry flakey Red Skin, Exactly where nappy is? PLEASE HELP

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Dry flakey Red Skin, Exactly where nappy is? PLEASE HELP

Postby 123princesssammie » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 pm

Wander if anyone knows what could cause this,

exactly where the nappy is alesha skin is red, tight, dry to the touch and flaky, the skin looks so tight it is wrinkly IYGWIM,

HV gave me some "EPADERM" cream, well i say cream the texture reminds me of cooking lard :puke: , i have kept Alesha out of nappies all day because the cream would clearly ruin my cloth as it so thick and greasy, so she has been covered in the cream and kept nappy free all day, and i have put her in a fleece lined sposie :oops: for bed as was worried the cloth would be ruined by the cream.

Is there anything this could be? it not a rash and havent changed anything so am very confused, its really bothereing her aswell she keeps itching and digging at it all x
Last edited by 123princesssammie on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Dry flakey Red Skin, Exactly where nappy is?

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:04 pm

have you changed soap powder???
could she be reacting to a build up of soap powder in your nappies????
have you used any new bubble bath/ wash anything else??
I was using some strong cream on pippa's nappy rash and it caused her tummy to dry out just like your describing and i just smothred her in moisturiser, does sound a bit eczema ish so hopefully the cream will clear it
i've used sudocream and no end of other gunky creams with our nappies just used a fleece liner, and when they get too bad i just bin the liner, i made some big enough to cover all the inside of the nappy.
xxx

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Dry flakey Red Skin, Exactly where nappy is?

Postby 123princesssammie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:43 pm

Ok, this is still happening and is getting worse and worse, she wont stop digging at her skin it must be so sore and is quite hot to the touch, i have stripped EVERYTHING and am doing it again tonight in Ariel Biological, abosolute nightmare with about 30nappies and no outside drying facilities :roll:

Have had to put her too bed in a sposie as her skin looked so much better in the morning when i did this the other day, the cream the HV gave me seems to work if i use with a sposie (or maybe it just the sposie) but makes no difference with the cloth, she is so sore i just dnt know what to do, my mum just said put her in sposies since she only wears them out and too bed anyways as is dry at home but i really dont wanna do that she has been in cloth since about a week old really dnt wanna give in now cant see her in this pain any loner thou, am so so so tempted to but a bag of sposies in the morning (no idea what size she is, she is wearing a size 2 newborn to bed that i borrowed from a nighbour it quite tight thou :giggle: )

What can i do, please help girls, i havent changed anything to normal, ie washing powder, bath stuff, soaps etc x

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Dry flakey Red Skin, Exactly where nappy is? PLEASE HELP

Postby lazylexis » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Get her seen by a gp.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:52 pm

lazylexis wrote:Get her seen by a gp.

WSS
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Have you bought an pre-loved nappies that might have a build up of a diff powder or anything?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:55 pm

:hug: :hug: no advice sorry but as pp have said I would get her to your gp x

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:56 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:
lazylexis wrote:Get her seen by a gp.

WSS
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Have you bought an pre-loved nappies that might have a build up of a diff powder or anything?

Think gonna take her tomorrow if i can get her in, just wanted to know if anyone had any other suggestions first as my doc is VERY anti-cloth so the first thing he will say is take her out of cloth :cry:

Stacey, i have bought a few and they have all been stripped too x

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:58 pm

If he says to take her out of cloth, tell him that she's been in it since birth and it's never bothered her before so you know it's not cloth.

Was going to ask if it could be the fleece, but you said you used it in her sposie and it still cleared a bit :-?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:59 pm

Fleece gave Gracie a sore bottom x

Next

Return to Nappy Rash