Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Dry flakey Red Skin, Exactly where nappy is? PLEASE HELP

Postby 50ftQueenie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:02 pm

123princesssammie wrote:
dawnsmummy wrote:
lazylexis wrote:Get her seen by a gp.

WSS
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Have you bought an pre-loved nappies that might have a build up of a diff powder or anything?

Think gonna take her tomorrow if i can get her in, just wanted to know if anyone had any other suggestions first as my doc is VERY anti-cloth so the first thing he will say is take her out of cloth :cry:

Stacey, i have bought a few and they have all been stripped too x

The one you bought from me had only been washed twice and was washed in Bold. I always rinse my nappies three times after the wash cycle. Hope that helps. :hug: :hug: Sorry to hear she's so sore.

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:06 pm

I use BOLD2in1 normally so it wouldbe be your nappy hun but thanks for the reasuurance, i tend to strip all new nappies :giggle:

and i cant see it being the fleece as i have always used fleece in all her nappies? does the fleece strip well or still hold detergant? wandering if it worth trying new fleece liners as the ones she is using atm are about 8months old or so x

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Sounds more like some sort of skin infection to me.fungal maybe or possibly bacterial.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:25 pm

lazylexis wrote:Sounds more like some sort of skin infection to me.fungal maybe or possibly bacterial.

Yup, same. Not that I'm qualified to comment obviously, but it does sound that way.

And worth replacing the liners too hun. They get build up of creams on them. I'm gonna be buying a cheap fleece blanket in £land tomorrow and cutting it up :giggle:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:38 pm

Not sure exactly where you mean the affected skin is? And I agree with Ali, I'd definitely get it properly checked out. But could it be something as simple as chafing? It could be why the HV has given you a lubricant, to stop the skin rubbing raw. (But that might be assuming that the affected skin is where the nappy is rubbing.)

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:43 pm

And just so you know, my nappies are washed in Bold 2-in-1 too hun :hug: Though the Mutt hasn't been used in ages so it'll probably need a wash anyways :oops:

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:56 pm

Soupdragon wrote:Not sure exactly where you mean the affected skin is? And I agree with Ali, I'd definitely get it properly checked out. But could it be something as simple as chafing? It could be why the HV has given you a lubricant, to stop the skin rubbing raw. (But that might be assuming that the affected skin is where the nappy is rubbing.)

the skin is affected everwhere the nappy touches, ie around legs(where it is worse where it COULD be rubbing where elastic is) but asdo all around her bottom and bits, hips and right up to under the belly button where nappy stops IUSWIM, there is literally lines ~(imagine someone getting suburn everywhere but where thier pants are, thats what it is like exactly where the nappy is, is where it is sore, where the nappy stops its fine :( hope that makes sense x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:05 pm

Def get her checked out and fc your doc can help
Fleece does get bunged up, i binned all my fleece liners and got minkee ones instead, they are so much better x

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:02 am

Update for this morning. So she went too bed in a sposie not fleece lined etc and this morning is crystal clear not a single bit of redness dry skin or anything so it's def not any sort of skin infection and something to do with my cloth hopefully the strip wash last night worked!

PreviousNext

Return to Nappy Rash