hf1

Thrush and Rashes help needed

My avatar
Gingerbam
Clothie
Clothie

Thrush and Rashes help needed

Postby Gingerbam » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:49 am

Hi, Dd seems very prone to rash and Thrush when new teeth are coming through. It takes ages for them to go.

One problem is my childminder can be slow at changing her and I have to ask her everyday to change her due to rash. But even when she is with me and I do change her frequently as needed she is quite rashy. I try and leave the nappy off but not always possible. I do use a liner and is is mostly in Fuzzis. At night I use a silk liner

TIA

She is nearly 18 months

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:01 am

Have you had a look at our top nappy rash tips? There are some great ideas in there :D Maybe someone else can be of more help than me though :!:

Sam...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:56 pm

Hi there,

Do check out our top tips thread...

Main ones I've found are to strip the nappies (make sure there's no build up of detergent on them) as this always makes any rash 100x worse, don't use wet-wipes (use a flannel or similar instead) and always always dry her after changing...

What kind of rash cream do you use? It could be if you're using a barrier cream it's stopping the skin from healing...

Do you get cream from the doctor when it turns into thrush?

Sorry for all the questions!

Steph

My avatar
Gingerbam
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Gingerbam » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:21 am

Thanks, have read the nappy rash tips and I think the drying one has helped. Not using any cream at the mo as I wanted to give her skin a break as I thought it might have been that which was stopping from healing, was using sudocream and something on perscription.

Have told my childminder to make sure drys Dd's bottom

Thanks for the replies

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:51 pm

I hope she is better soon, let us know how you get on. Did you read the 'identifiying causes of nappy rash' as well, some good points in there.

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:26 pm

Hi Tia, I don't think I am allowed to post the link as I don't want to upset Tory's google thingy whatsit :lol: but I stumbled across a lovely site www. theresgottobeabetterway .co.uk. I bought Jack some camomile balm for his sore bum and it is miracle I swear he is a lot less sore than he was, but then have switched to cloth, using washable wipes and drying him so that might help :lol:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:07 am

Can't get that working Ruth - even without the spaces!

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:15 am

Hmmm..... that would be largely down to the fact that I am an idiot!!! :oops: :?

The website is www. theremustbeabetterway .co.uk

Try that and let me know what you think :D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:05 pm

I remember looking at that site ages ago!!

Which balm did you get? I'm thinking of getting the badger baby balm as I've tried their stuff before and loved it!

Next

Return to Nappy Rash