hf1

Could paper liners cause rash?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Could paper liners cause rash?

Postby Shaunie » Sun May 02, 2010 10:07 am

DS has had various rashes on & off, some requiring prescription creams. His latest one has started to clear at last but I do notice that when I take off his night nappy where I don't use a paper liner, there's little redness compared to when I take off his pocket nappy when it looks much redder.

Could it be the paper liner? I use boots ones. Would a fleece liner be better? Just want something to catch the poo :giggle:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Could paper liners cause rash?

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun May 02, 2010 11:30 am

Yes. Isabelle used to get dreadful rashes from them and we couldn't use them :?
Grace seems fine with them though...
Microfibre in a nappy is our biggest rash culprit though :roll:

I find Grace's skin is always improved after a night nappy though - I put it down partly to less movement and less wetness against the skin as she tends to wee on waking and the nappy is hugely absorbent so wicks it away faster than a day nappy which would be changed sooner if that makes sense?

If you're using pockets I'm not sure what y ou stuff with but it could be if you use microfibre as a top layer for your inserts it could be that...

OTOH what do you use for a night nappy - I find in general fitteds and wraps (whether PUL, Fleece or Wool) are better for rashes anyway...

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun May 02, 2010 5:23 pm

At night he's in a bedbug with fleece soaker & his pockets are stuffed with bamboo & hemp. I once tried a PUL wrap overnight & that made him very sore.

Do you think fleece liners are ok so that he's not pooing directly onto his nappy? Maybe I'll try that for a while to see if it helps.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun May 02, 2010 6:28 pm

Fleece liners should be fine - perhaps the PUL just isn't breathable enough for his skin...

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon May 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Isaac had no paper liners at all today & his rash almost gone already :wine: . Hope that's the cause so will give a few more days before getting fleece liners :D

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:29 pm

Nah! It's the large blueberries that are causing the problem. :wink: You need to sell them all to me. :twisted:

Helen xx

My avatar
moonlily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby moonlily » Mon May 03, 2010 7:33 pm

anya1973 wrote:Nah! It's the large blueberries that are causing the problem. :wink: You need to sell them all to me. :twisted:

Helen xx

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
scarlett gets a really nasty rash with paper liners :( we use fleece now and have no probs :wine:

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:35 pm

moonlily wrote:
anya1973 wrote:Nah! It's the large blueberries that are causing the problem. :wink: You need to sell them all to me. :twisted:

Helen xx

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
scarlett gets a really nasty rash with paper liners :( we use fleece now and have no probs :wine:

Oi! Don't go telling her that! :evil: I want all her blueberry stash for my son. :mrgreen:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue May 04, 2010 7:27 am

Helen xx

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :evil: Nice try though hun :lol: . I'm sure you must have enough by now to cover several babies bums for months :giggle: x

Next

Return to Nappy Rash