hf1

Doesn't take much...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Doesn't take much...

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu May 27, 2010 8:35 pm

You think you know all the tips and tricks for getting rid of nappy rash...
Have a baby with a peachy bum that hasn't had a serious rash at 14months

until now... :cry:

She has ringworm for starters (fungal infection - it's not actually a worm)

So added to everything I'm doing to get rid of the rash I'm using Daktarin on the ringworm but the pharmacist said if that doesn't clear it up (which it hasn't made any difference 3days into treatement) we need to visit the GP for something stronger...

Oh and any creams with a zinc-oxide base seem to dry out the skin and leave flakey dry itchy skin behind... :?

All it took was a really really awful teething poo nappy which DH couldn't smell...
The only reason she got changed when she did was because I came down from my 'lie in' to see why she wouldn't stop shouting :?

Poor kiddo :(

And she's teething badly and her wee smells very strong too :?

So we're going back to basics...

Oh and I'm frantically ordering the 'nice' expensive wipes that we know work, and more angel baby bottom balm...

Better go boil some barley!

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Doesn't take much...

Postby joeli » Thu May 27, 2010 8:43 pm

Ugh. Sorry you're going through this. I can sympathise as you know, because it took us over 3 weeks (and two creams, and two rounds of antibiotics) to get rid of Leo's rash (turned into UTI) which all started because we put him in sposies on holiday. I do think it was going back to basics though that finally kicked it.

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Thu May 27, 2010 8:43 pm

Poor little lamb. Martha has a sore bottom at the moment too. She has some patches of eczema again and she keeps telling me "bum bum hurt". :(

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu May 27, 2010 8:49 pm

Aww por Grace. Hope it heals soon. :hug:

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Thu May 27, 2010 8:49 pm

Oh gosh these poor bubba's.... :(

Hope that they all feel better soon.....

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Thu May 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Poor little thing :( hope you find a solution soon. We're in terries atm so I can boil wash them as I still can't get the normal nappies smelling nice at 60 - teething wee is just too toxic!

It's just not worth having a lie in - it took me 6months to explain to DH that you change the baby before you go downstairs - not after you've had breakfast, watched Match of the Day and generally pottered around for a while leaving her in a soaking night nappy :roll:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu May 27, 2010 9:37 pm

ktinkley wrote:It's just not worth having a lie in - it took me 6months to explain to DH that you change the baby before you go downstairs - not after you've had breakfast, watched Match of the Day and generally pottered around for a while leaving her in a soaking night nappy :roll:

'but I didn't want to wake you' :x :x :x

If I don't get everything ready the night before it doesn't happen...

Although generally Grace doesn't wee much at night so it's not soaking wet until she's been in it for 30mins after she's woken up :lol: still same principal applies :evil:

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:44 pm

:hug:

poor thing, hope it all heals soon...

and my husband is exactly the same.. we're still working on the changing thing. His reasoning? Leave him in a wet one til he poos, then change it to save him pooing in a clean one!! :roll:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu May 27, 2010 9:45 pm

We found the best thing for teething wee, related rashes, tummy upsets, etc, etc was Ashtons and Parsons powders. We had to give them regularly and continue them after we thought the teething was over.

Next

Return to Nappy Rash