hf1

Doesn't take much...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Doesn't take much...

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu May 27, 2010 9:51 pm

ladybird wrote:We found the best thing for teething wee, related rashes, tummy upsets, etc, etc was Ashtons and Parsons powders. We had to give them regularly and continue them after we thought the teething was over.

Unfortunately they're lactose based and Grace can't have any dairy...

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri May 28, 2010 11:13 am

Re the daktarin-ringworm can be stubborn so i wouldn't expect any improvement in a few days,more like a week or even 2.with any fungal infection it's best to continue using cream for 10days to 2 weeks AFTER the rash has cleared as well.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri May 28, 2010 11:16 am

lazylexis wrote:Re the daktarin-ringworm can be stubborn so i wouldn't expect any improvement in a few days,more like a week or even 2.with any fungal infection it's best to continue using cream for 10days to 2 weeks AFTER the rash has cleared as well.

Yep we were advised to keep using the cream once it has gone but the pharmacist only said for a few days... Will have to get to the GP for a bigger tube of cream anyway I think by the sounds of it as we're going to run out at this rate...
Thanks for the info :)
Thankfully the rest of the rash is improving somewhat but the ringworm looks the same so I'll keep going with the Daktarin and get to the GP for a prescription when we can.

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash