My avatar
chunkymonkeymum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Stinky boy bits! Update

Postby chunkymonkeymum » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi,

Hope someone can give me some advice. My ds has got a really smelly willy :(

He is changed regularly, we use cloth wipes and water when changing him and he is bathed every day. The only soap we use at bath time is Burt Bee's body wash but often we just use water to wash him. He is in cloth day and night (pockets and aio's in the day and fitteds and wool at night) He has nappy free time every day so i really don't understand why he's stinky :-? The smell is a bit like (tmi coming up!) when a man hasn't washed properly :shock: :giggle: Surely a little boy shouldn't smell like this?

DS is my first child and i come from a family of girls so don't really know what little boys bits should be like :oops:
We see the HV next week so i will mention it to her but i don't always agree/have much faith in the advice she gives so i thought i would ask you lovely ladies first :giggle:

Thanks

Nicole x
Last edited by chunkymonkeymum on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Stinky boy bits!

Postby megansmummy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:25 pm

my first thought is an infection of some sort? i would deffinatly get it checked out hun :hug:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:28 pm

megansmummy wrote:my first thought is an infection of some sort? i would deffinatly get it checked out hun :hug:

WSS get it checked out hun :hug:

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:30 pm

twinkletot wrote:
megansmummy wrote:my first thought is an infection of some sort? i would deffinatly get it checked out hun :hug:

WSS get it checked out hun :hug:

What they said hun - i have 3 boys and none of them have had any issues....get him checked with the doctor incase its an infection :hug: :hug:

My avatar
chunkymonkeymum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby chunkymonkeymum » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:43 pm

Thanks for the advice. Will definitely get it checked out. It doesn't look sore but the smell is really noticeable.
I feel really thick but before having ds i had never changed a little boys nappy so don't know what's normal :(
I will make an appointment with Dr and let you know how we get on.

Thanks again

Nicole x

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:03 pm

Always best to get it checked hun. Definitely shouldn't be smelling that bad :-?

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:08 pm

dan smelt like that with a yeast infection, get him checked by the GP and clean all the little folds in his willy too

My avatar
chunkymonkeymum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Stinky boy bits! Update

Postby chunkymonkeymum » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Hi,

Bit of an update for you.
Took ds to his hv appointment this morning and mentioned the smell to her (she is a nurse practitioner so can write prescriptions). She was useless :roll: Asked me if he's bathed every day (which he is) and what he's bathed with. Told her we use burts bees and how we try to avoid using products full of chemicals and she said "well maybe that's not enough" :x
Ended up giving us bath and shower emollient even though ds doesn't have dry skin or eczema and being told to also use this as soap for him :-? Ingredients are liquid paraffin, isopropyl myristate, C12-C14 alcohol, ethylene oxide, polyol fatty acid ester and iso-octyl sterate. I have no clue what these are :giggle: but i don't really want them being used on ds skin when he doesn't have a dry skin problem. Feel annoyed that she basically implied that i'm not cleaning him properly just because i don't want him bathed in chemicals :x
I will be dropping a urine sample from ds into the surgery tomorrow because his wee is smelling really strong as well so maybe that will help us get an answer but if that's clear i will be taking him to see the dr and bypassing the hv :roll:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Stinky boy bits! Update

Postby angiepangie2809 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:37 pm

To be honest hun I would make an appontment with the doctor tomoro so they can see him straght away and can treat him if need be. I am not a fan of hv's in general, I think most the advice they give is rubbish apart from the one I had for ethan who unfortunatly is now retiring...she was a very nice lady. No disrespect to the hv but he's your baby and if you feel something isn't right then act on that feeling hun. Your instincts where your child is concerned will almost certainly always be right. Good luck hun x

Next

Return to Nappy Rash