hf1

aghhhh ethans properly got a sore bottom...help!

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

aghhhh ethans properly got a sore bottom...help!

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:48 am

hi all.
ethans got a dodgy belly at the moment and has the runs. i am trying to change his nappy as soon as he has done a pooh but once or twice he has done one or two (some through the night) and i havnt realised straight away so havnt had chance to change him straight away.
anyway...he isso bad that all around his bumhole (sorry if tmi) :( he is red raw and very saw. he is screaming when i try to wipe him clean now too so i know its realy hurting him bless him.
have been smothering him in sudocrem, have also tried bepanthen and vaseline but to no avail this time.

he doesnt do nappy free time because he hates it and has a real aversion to not wearing a nappy so while he is out of sorts i dont want to upset him further.

any ideas what we could do?
ive had to put him in disposables now again as his cloth nappies were leaking everywhere and getting ruined plus with me having pregnancy sickness i cant face the awful prospect of sluicing the nappies off at the moment.
thanks in advance....i realy need a cream or something to try thats in the shops rather than online as i need it today.
thanks

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: aghhhh ethans properly got a sore bottom...help!

Postby shoogah01 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:25 am

Have you tried vaseline? We always use it on Aimie whenever she is teething to work as a barrier.

:hug: :hug: hope he gets better soon

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:31 am

aww poor lil man :(

Have you tried bepanthen? metainium?

When he has a nasty poo i would just plonk him in an inch or so of water once you have got the worst off...this was what i had to do with kieren when it was bad...i just kept a washing up bowl of water on the bathroom floor and plonked him on it ever nappy change and then washed it out and refilled it ready for the next time...its a bit of a pita but it means i didnt have to wipe him so much whilst he was so sore :(

:hug: Hope its better soon for him!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:51 am

When William was like that instead of wipeing his bum I would put him in the bathroom sink and run warm water and wash his bum that way and then gently pat it dry. I've found zinc and castor oil cream is fantastic.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Sudocrem works best if it's rubbed in.
There's a spray called Zinco (contains zinc oxide). Means not needing to touch his sore bits. Might help.
Hope he's better soon.

Return to Nappy Rash