No votes

Total votes : 18
My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Wipes - disposable or reusables?

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:15 pm

I'm a disposable wipes user but recently I've been washing the wet only wipes as I've discovered they come through the machine rather well - and I've got a stack of them that I keep meaning to use!!

Trouble is we did use reusables for a while but got horrible rashes, I think I now know partly why this is - I used a tub of wipe mix (usually cammomile tea mainly) and I think it got contaminated... So provided I change my technique we should be good to go...

But I'm still not back to doing it yet... :?

The only wipes we can use that don't cause immediate sore skin are the Earth Friendly Baby Company wipes (supposedly nicely biodegradable too) - they are so amazingly gentle! I have used them for removing makeup (a rare occasion that I wear it!!) on occasions and when I've over enthusiastically gone at my mascarra/eyeliner they've not stung my eyes either...

I'm thinking of trying some of the northern essence teatree&lavender free foaming stuff but am waiting for my fave mumzmall shop to get it in :lol:

SOoooooooooooooooo if you've got to the end of that ramble, which do you use or mainly use?
And if you use disposable wipes do you find some brands (e.g. the big names) are worse for rashes?

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Wipes - disposable or reusables?

Postby cherobanne » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:21 pm

I ticked both.

I used washable wipes all the time until I went back to work last Sept - then found I just wasn't organised enough to get wipes ready each morning.
So, when I'm at work during the week Mum/SIL/childminder use Jackson Reece herbal disposable wipes (smell lovely! :) )
At weekends or when I'm off we revert back to washable wipes.

I'm just about organised to get the nappies ready during the week - although my mum's got pretty good at knowing which boosters/inserts etc go with which nappies! :lol:

Joanne

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:45 am

Are you seriously telling me no-one else uses wipes at all?! Come on guys!!

My avatar
ginchyworld
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ginchyworld » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:59 am

I use disposable wipes. I had great intentions of using washable before Bella was born but it got left by the wayside.

I only use wipes on a pooey bum, and then only tend to have to use one because she does almost all her poos in the loo anyway.

I tend to use the sainsburies or tesco fragrance free version and have no problems with those. I've just figured out that the Pampers wipes give Bella a spotty red rash.

My avatar
Kybosh
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kybosh » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:01 am

I use reusuables, mainly from wee notions. I put the wipes in an old p*mpers tub and I make up a solution of camomile tea, olive oil and baby shampoo and pour it over enough wipes for 3 days. If I go out I take as many wipes as I think I'll need and put them in a sealable sandwich bag.

I find it easier to use washable wipes 'cos I can stick them in the nappy bin with the nappies :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:23 am

I use washables and that's what I voted for as it is about 99% of the time! I change next to the bathroom sink so he gets warm water only!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:38 pm

I use washable wipes, its easier to throw them straight in the nappy bucket with the nappies. When we're out and about I take a few dry wipes in a small make-up bag and a bottle of Northern Essence Tea Tree free foaming wipes solution. I can't stand the smell of most of the disposable wipes.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:07 pm

Mostly washables with home-made wipes solution.

Sometimes disposables (a bit more frequently these days where I am only changing one or two nappies), I usually get whatever is fragrance0free and on special offer, never had any probs with rash.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:29 pm

washables at home and if out then i have a packet of sposie ones in my bag...if i am near a sink i will use reusables (weenotions ones again!) but if not then sposie ones it is...i need to be carefulw ith sposie wipes and rashes...not identified which ones, but using them too much isn't great

Next

Return to Nappy Rash