No votes

Total votes : 18
My avatar
sueeltringham
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Wipes - disposable or reusables?

Postby sueeltringham » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:34 pm

I tried to reply earlier, but for some reason it wouldn't post!

We use washable wipes with plain water as that works best at beating rashes! Very very rarely we use disposables for going away. I buy a pack once every few months and hate them as they cause rashes.

My childminder manages OK, but today Rebecca went to a creche while I was on a training course. I received a message to say could I come and change her nappy because a) they didn't know how to tell if she'd done a poo and b) they didn't know how to use the nappies and wipes! I offered to show them but the response was "euch, no!, never seen them before!" Like it's that hard????

My avatar
michebe
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby michebe » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:56 pm

I use washable in the house and disposables when out and about. I really need some more wahsables tho, i keep running out and dp wont use washables for poos only wees, not that he does much changing lol.

Mich

My avatar
sueeltringham
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sueeltringham » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:08 pm

I recently cut up loads of old fleece jumpers, and old towels and flannels to make new wipes. They all look pretty and I don't bother sewing them or edging them, so they're quick and cheap.

Sue

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:29 pm

sueeltringham wrote:a) they didn't know how to tell if she'd done a poo and

Um... Duh!? How do they normally 'tell'?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

sueeltringham wrote:b) they didn't know how to use the nappies and wipes! I offered to show them but the response was "euch, no!, never seen them before!" Like it's that hard????

:roll: :roll: :roll:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:21 pm

I voted both. Mainly washables but we do use dispos when she has done a really messy poo.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:19 pm

Both here too! mainly washables but dispos when away, and I always have a pack of dispo ones in the bag in case I forget to re stoch the washables in there :roll: :roll:

To avoid the contamination thing I have a spray bottle that I use at change time! most of the time it's just plain water in it bot I do have dixie drops and some sheepish grins things that I dissolve in there too (when I remember :roll: ) all I do then is spray the wipe and clean the bottom with it. The water gets used up within 2 days! I also hae a mini spray in the change bag with the washable wipes for out and about!

jan x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:10 am

I want to be better at using washables. We were very good when Charlotte was home all the time (when I was home and even when she was home with Daddy, as long as I made up the solution for him!) but with her being at nursery all week, we only need a wipe or 2 in the mornign and evening and sometimes not even that if she has a bath. I then find I am not organised enough to have some ready for the weekend so end up using disposable ones.

When I am off though, I am definately getting back into using them. I prefer them, especially for poo, I find disposable ones too flimsy.

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash