hf1

Red bum :( Yay it's gone!

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Red bum :( update

Postby ladybird » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:12 pm

The cream we used was fine, didn't seem to do anything to the nappies in terms or clogging. I would try one thing at a time though, see what works best. Give something a few days, so perhaps ditch the liners and creams altogether first and see what happens and then try a cream. I'm not sure about paper liners, they could irritate too I guess.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:21 pm

Well the washing machine as been cleaned to within an inch of its life this afternoon :giggle: I did the bio powder thing at 95 that Steph menions in her thread and an Oust lime descaler for washing machines is just going through now... I've rung Earthbound organics as well to see what she advised, I've brought a sample tub of baby cream but I mentioned about the chickweed stuff so she is sending me a tub of that to try free :wine:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Oh yay!! That's great!

The 95c thing should be done roughly every month btw. Keep your machine clean as well as your washing :giggle:

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:31 am

Well by yesterday evening at bedtime she'd had a full afternoon of several nappies and no liners, we could actually see some improvement she didn't look as red :wine: but after 13 hours in her night nappy its back to full on redness again :-? Is that urine burn? Having cleaned the machine yesterday, I'll be stripping today.... She had some nappy free time this morning for about 10 minutes, sitting on some clean t towels as we have carpet and she poo'd :giggle: so I've stuck her nappy on now

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Red bum :( 2nd update

Postby Fayesmum » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:03 am

Success.....! Nipple cream with a liner has cleared it completely in 2 days.... all gone :wine: Just as my earthbound organics order arrived :roll: So happy though!!

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Red bum :( Yay it's gone!

Postby coastal » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:12 am

:yahoo:
That's brilliant - the wonders of lanolin! :D

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk