hf1

Wipes solutions - what do you use?

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Wipes solutions - what do you use?

Postby WeeNotions » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:16 pm

I just use water, cos I am lazy :wink: I do stick a little soap on though when it is a pooey one, is that TMI :lol:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:18 pm

WeeNotions wrote:I just use water, cos I am lazy :wink: I do stick a little soap on though when it is a pooey one, is that TMI :lol:

yeah, tmi to mention poo on a nappy forum when speaking about bumwipes!!! :lol:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:21 pm

I use sheepish grins wipe cubes. I make up a solution in an old P*mpers box and add the wipes. I usually change the solution after 2 days. if we're out and about I take dry wipes and a bottle of tea tree and lavender free Northern Essence wipes solution.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:30 pm

Found a use for my top & tail bowl - I mean, what are they used for normally??? - I put the wipes in one side and some water with a tiny squirt of baby bath in the other.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:35 pm

tanya2007 wrote:Found a use for my top & tail bowl - I mean, what are they used for normally??? - I put the wipes in one side and some water with a tiny squirt of baby bath in the other.

according to my mum that is exactly what they are meant to be used for!!!! (tho she used cotton wool)

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Shevi wrote:
tanya2007 wrote:Found a use for my top & tail bowl - I mean, what are they used for normally??? - I put the wipes in one side and some water with a tiny squirt of baby bath in the other.

according to my mum that is exactly what they are meant to be used for!!!! (tho she used cotton wool)

According to my MW, I was supposed to put water in both sides and use one side for the top and one side for the tail. Too much faffing around, so didn't get used until I bought cloth wipes!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:31 pm

We've never had a top and tail bowl as I really didn't get it :lol: Good idea for the wipes though

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:46 pm

Charliemum wrote:We've never had a top and tail bowl as I really didn't get it :lol: Good idea for the wipes though

i had the one my mum had for my younger brother...my brother is 19...same old mothercare one as the new mothercare ones are!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:47 pm

Charliemum wrote:We've never had a top and tail bowl as I really didn't get it :lol: Good idea for the wipes though

Never bought one either as I couldn't see the point of it, also something to do with washing faces before they go in normal bath water :roll:

Anyway my solution is 1 camomille tea bag with a teaspoon of salt, all put into a lift and lock tupperware, lasts about 3 days or until the wipes soaking in it run out. I also use dove soap on the first wipe to clean his bum, then 2 wet one to wash soap off.

When I tried honey I think it made everything a whole load worse as it just grew more fungal and I am not convinced months on it has gone, but it could have done.

PreviousNext

Return to Nappy Rash