help needed thrush keeps coming back.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

help needed thrush keeps coming back.

Postby laceybat » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:32 am

hi
i'm getting really worried every time my DS is teething he gets thrush :x . i take him to the doctors and they just give me cream and it work till he teeth's again. i'm using fleace liners but they don't seem to make a diffrence is there any think i can do to help him. he is so sore as he cry if you take the nappy off and when you wipe his bum. :(.
i give him nappy free time for an hour every day as well.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: help needed thrush keeps coming back.

Postby aimeet » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:57 am

You could rty adding acidophilus to his milk? Sugar feeds thrush so maybe if he does have sugar, even dried fruits :( , then try cutting down or out for a few days. Also live yoghurt can really help, if he will let you smear it on his bum and that will cool and soothe while also eating the thrush bacteria. You could add a couple of drops of t-tree and lavender oil in his bath too, I heard lemon juice works too. HTH xx and :hug: for his poor sore bum :(

My avatar
lisi
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lisi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:05 pm

I was just about to post an identical thread. Violet is teething and red raw.. we are on second round of canestan cream :(
My mum suggested natual yoghurt (directly on the rash) and that seems to be helping soothe her a bit. Any other ideas will be gratefully received.

Linked question - I stripped nappies last week... do I need to do them again cos of thrush? Does it lurk in my lovely Ittis?!!
xxx

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Both! Natural yoghurt on the sore bits and acidophilus is fantastic stuff. We use Solgar's ABCdophilus powder as it's designed for infants and children. It's not cheap, but if you keep it in the fridge it lasts for ages. Make sure you hot wash (60) nappies.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:10 pm

get some cream for it from boots, i forget the name,sameas what a gp would give u but u can get in over the counter. it worked in a day or so last timewith t, we're trying silk liners this timeand they have really helped

Return to Nappy Rash