hf1

Noooooo!!! :-(

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Noooooo!!! :-(

Postby paintedclaws » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:21 am

My poor baby has really bad nappy rash. :cry: and mike just suggested we buy some sposies, is he mad?! :shock: Obviously I'm not going to buy any but need to work out the cause of the rash and how best to treat it.

She's had nappy rash before and I discovered that I can't use metanium or bepanthum without her screaming. I ended up using sudocrem because even northern essence made her cry. :oops:

I have changed wash powder too recently because I couldn't get my usual from the local shop and I was in a rush an she's probably teething too because she's been really restless at night so I'll pick up some of my usual wash powder and glue (joking) her Amber necklace to her neck so Mike can't take it off. :roll:

Any suggestions for cream?

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Noooooo!!! :-(

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:23 am

We use Sudocrem and we actually use a sposie sometimes too. Often she'll have a rash and we'll use a couple of sposies on her and it's gone again.

It's really a case of hit and miss though :( Have you tried camomile tea used as a wipe solution?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:25 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: Hopefully it is just the change of washing powder. Lol @ having to glue the amber necklace on :giggle: The amber necklace is the only thing my dh likes about my "hippy madness" (what he called the nappies & wool once :| )

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:26 am

When alesha is sore, i use egg white (frothed up and applied to sore areas, left to dry for 5 mins) and a sposie overnight, she will be crystal clear in the morning(although a tad stinky :giggle:), she had to have it last night actually she teething too and is so acidicy x

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:28 am

We use Waitrose baby butter, it's really gentle and sorts out any nappy rash really quickly for us, although we haven't had it really bad yet. We also use tea tree and chamomile wipe solution which is very calming.

Hope Poppy is better soon :hug:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:36 am

Miss_Purple wrote:We use Waitrose baby butter, it's really gentle and sorts out any nappy rash really quickly for us, although we haven't had it really bad yet. We also use tea tree and chamomile wipe solution which is very calming.

Hope Poppy is better soon :hug:

^wss

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:57 am

Aw, what a shame. Hope it's just the change of washing powder and it clears up quickly for her :hug:

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:40 pm

I think Jen said once about using olive oil to wipe when they get really sore & then use chamomile tea. Lavender is meant to be a natural healer so that might help too if you mix it in with the chamomile tea.

It's hard because all the things I'd suggest I'm sure you're already doing & Poppy already wears wool most of the time. When Grace has nappy rash from the sposies I used when our washer was broken :roll: I cleared it with nappy free time, fitteds & wool & NE diaper slave so not much help.... Sorry! :hug: :hug: I definitely wouldn't advise sposies after what happened to Grace!! Did Mike lose his mind briefly when he suggested that?? :wink: :hohoho: :hohoho: Hope it clears soon!

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:43 pm

I use lansinoh (nipple cream) When Aimie get's bad rash. she gets it really bad when she is teething sort of like open blisters :cry: That with fleece or minky liners always work wonders

Next

Return to Nappy Rash