Advice for "wee" rash -Potty trained in the day

My avatar
joodel
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Advice for "wee" rash -Potty trained in the day

Postby joodel » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:50 pm

Hi there
Have just joined up with cloth tree, so a newbie to all of this, but wish I'd found you earlier! Have been a happy cloth nappy addict since my son was tiny (and enjoying my daughter being in them now!), but battling with night nappies and a rash he gets now. He is potty trained during the day (for the last 6 months), but everytime i put him in a cloth nappy at night, he gets a sore red spot on the tip of his penis from being in a wet nappy all night. Always use fleece liners, have tried creams, different nappies (totsbots, bamboozle, bumbles) and still it happens. We've ended up putting him in disposables every 2nd or 3rd night as it looks so sore and he complains that he is sore if he wears a cloth nappy at night for more than 2 nights in a row. Any advice out there? I hate using disposables!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Advice for "wee" rash -Potty trained in the day

Postby Shevi » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:22 pm

do you use microfibre? and what wraps do you use?

My avatar
joodel
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby joodel » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:14 am

Not sure what you mean by microfibre, but I use Motherease wraps and fleece liners (even made new ones in case the originals were too old and not wicking nicely any more).

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:28 am

hhhhm
my lo had a simialr rash at some point (he has had every sort of rtash at some point!!!), in the end i blamed it on too close fitting nappies and went up a size, and sweatyness and rubbing (changed over to wool wool wraps and now only use natural fibres (except the magic fleece!)

could it be that he has grown recently?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:13 am

I would recommend trying wool wraps. Charlotte gets a rash if we use pul wraps at night too much as I think she gets a bit sweaty, whereas the wool allows more air to circulate.

Or you could just try boosting the nappy with a little more absorbency to try to keep him a little bit drier?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:44 am

I'll 2nd what Annette said, try boosting more and wool wraps really are magic! The fleece liner isn't slipping is it and leaving his winkle touching the nappy itself is it?

My avatar
joodel
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby joodel » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:25 am

Thanks for the advice. Have tried extra boosters and the fleece liner is not slipping, but am now tempted to buy a wool wrap (you wicked tempters you :roll: !!) What do you recommend? We can't buy such amazing things in SA, but I still have a bank account in the UK (we lived there for 8 years till 3yrs ago), so I am really tempted to buy a wool wrap and try it out. :D

Return to Nappy Rash