hf1

Nappy rash? Ammonia burns? stripping with soap nuts?

My avatar
rcf100
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Nappy rash? Ammonia burns? stripping with soap nuts?

Postby rcf100 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:45 pm

Well the silk liners are working a treat. She has since been at the drs as she developed a non specific viral rash following her illness and she's swabbed it to make sure there's no bacteria or thrush there - get results on Monday but I don't think we'll find anything as she had lansinoh on at the time so prob didn't get to the good stuff with swab.

I've been using a combo of the raw silk and the processed silk with wool backing liners and both seem to be working a treat - far better than fleece, even if she has pooped on most of them (she likes to christen new things). Gone from a week to half the burn to 2 days for it almost to disappear with the liners. I will def be getting them out at the first sign of a rash in future

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Thats brill. I must keep them in mind if Ruairidh gets a sore bum again.

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:10 pm

That's fantastic that you've found a combination that works for you! :D

My avatar
rcf100
Clothie
Clothie

Postby rcf100 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:33 am

This morning there's just the smallest mark left - utterly amazed. I got the raw silk liners from Babykind for £2.50 each and I think it was £1 postage. I would def recommend them. The other ones Beth from LLS sent me some to trial so I'm not sure when they will be for sale.

Just thought I'd let you know as it seemed to be a really good price - I imagined that they would be far more expensive than that - you may be able to find them cheaper I don't know

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash