hf1

Sudden rash after a cloth break?

My avatar
nissa
Clothie
Clothie

Sudden rash after a cloth break?

Postby nissa » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:31 pm

We had a weeks break from our cloth nappies because the washing machine was on the blink :x

Finally got back into the cloth today and after an hour he needed changing and he had a red rash all over him bum and willy bless him.

He's only ever had a rash twice after an allergic reaction to kiwi.

It's tiny red spots so not hugely sore looking but I'm confused about what's causing it tbh. Nothings changed with his nappies or the washing at all so I can't figure it out.

It this just because he's back in cloth? do you think it will pass? Anyone ever have this before?

Sorry for all the q's !

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Sudden rash after a cloth break?

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:08 am

Could it be the nappies weren't washed properly while the washing machine wasn't working properly?
I'd give the nappies a good strip wash (full dose of powder at 60 then rinse loads) and see how you go.
Could it be a coincidence and he's eaten something new?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:10 am

Hi Nissa I'm not sure to be honest. Has it kept happening? May be worth a strip wash to see if there is a detergent build up that he was used to as it was gradual but then noticed after the break?

:hohoho: :hohoho: x post with Steph!!

My avatar
leanne16051975
Clothie
Clothie

Postby leanne16051975 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Hiya Nissa, We had a break from cloth for a week whilst we were on holiday and the same happened to Harry. We used disposable nappies and wipes instead of cloth nappies and wipes and after a few days he got a rash on his face (we normally use cloth wipes or facecloths) as well as his bum :( I think his skin has just got used to cloth and is sensitive to disposable nappies and wipes. Back in cloth, we were wondering if cloth was making it worse, but we didn't strip the nappies or do anything differently and after a couple of weeks and plenty of nappy cream the rash cleared up :D Leanne

Return to Nappy Rash