Sore leg rash :(

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Sore leg rash :(

Postby mabo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:42 am

Hi Nic,

I'm just getting the sunlotions ready to pack and got out my huge bottle of 100% Aloe Vera gel to use as after-sun.
On the label it says: "Cooling soothing gel, made from fresh Aloe Vera leaves. Forms a protective barrier which helps retain moisture to promote healing. Non-oily Moisturiser provides effective relief from Sunburn, Minor Burns, Skin Irritations, Insect Bites, Chafing, Itching and Dry Skin"

Could you try some of that on Evie?

Hope its a bit better this morning (sorry dont have time to catch up on the general chat right now! :lol)

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:56 am

thats a really really good idea, i know someone who has an aloe plant and breaks of a leaf to wipe on nappy rash, the same as she does for a burn....in fact i really must invest in an aloe plant!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:37 pm

[quote="mabo"] I'm just getting the sunlotions ready to pack and got out my huge bottle of 100% Aloe Vera gel to use as after-sun.
On the label it says: "Cooling soothing gel, made from fresh Aloe Vera leaves. Forms a protective barrier which helps retain moisture to promote healing. Non-oily Moisturiser provides effective relief from Sunburn, Minor Burns, Skin Irritations, Insect Bites, Chafing, Itching and Dry Skin"
Could you try some of that on Evie?/quote]

Only just seen this hun, thanks for that, will look to see if i have anything like this already.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:06 pm

Pure Aloe Vera gel is pretty much the only thing I've ever used on any redness louis has ever had (not that it's much!)

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:14 pm

Still not got any of that cream, must pick some up soon but after couple of nights of being in disps it has almost gone. Back in her NN tonight so just hoping that doesn't mean she wakes in the night or that the rash gets bad again <<fingers crossed>>

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:40 pm

Oh yes pure aloe-vera is fab!

Holland and Barrett sell it - and there's a fair few places sell it online too I think...

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:52 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Oh yes pure aloe-vera is fab!

Holland and Barrett sell it - and there's a fair few places sell it online too I think...

Thanks for that Steph, will take a look in holland and barrett, in fact maybe popping into town tomorrow so will look then if we do go.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:49 am

Yay, Evie never woke in the night in her NN, yay!! Maybe her legs are not sore to her anymore, the rash as certainly almost gone. :D

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:39 am

Got some bepanthan in as only called at local chemist earlier near the Po, not going into town afterall today what with Emma being ill but will look in H&B next time i am in for some of the aloe gel :D

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash