hf1

I am a magician!!!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

I am a magician!!!

Postby Shevi » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:38 am

Boo is 20 months old, and for about 17 of those months we have strugged with rashes that once they are there seem to take ages to get rid of (one stayed for more than 3 months, occasionally dying down, only to flair back up again when he did a poo)...but yesterday he woke up with an awful awful red shiny and spotty rash (due to an unoticed middle of the night poo) and in only 24 hours it has almost disapeared! i feel like i am finally in control!!!

just in case anyone is interested, this is what i did

Mrning- cleaned off scary poo with water while singing loudly at the screaming child, then washed with mama earth angel baby soap, then wiped againwith ater, patted dry with a terry, smeared on thrush cream (for the spots) and then metanium for the red shiney rash. put on a nappy with aboots liner (they are very very soft, i think they are made of some sort of plasic), put proboitic powder in his drink

a poo- washes and wiped well with water then diaper rash soap, then water again. dried well, then metanium

a couple of hours later - chnaged nappy. didn't wash or wipe or anything so as not to irritate it or him any more, another spose liner for residual metanium

before nap- wiped with diaper rash soap, then with water, patted dry, more clomitrozol (sp) and more metanium (thick cos he would n't let me smooth it out. another nappy with sposie liner., probiotic powder in milk

after nap (tho he didn't actualy sleep!!) - terry little lamb, no liners, no wrap, loosely fitted. no washing or wiping.

then bath time- after bath - more clomitrozol, more metanium (was already looking soo much better). night notions with sposie liner and couche cover, probiotic in drink.

this morning. all redness and soreness is gone, some tiny spots are still around so i wll be washing at 60 and keeping using thrush cream for the next couple of weeks. washed with diaper rash soap, then wiped with water, dried well, put on thrush cream, then waitrose bottom butter to protect, new northern ligjht and sposie liner, cover in new Wool wee notions wrap!!!!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Re: I am a magician!!!

Postby beck » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:41 am

Well done sounds like a mission but its lovely seeing a rash free botty :D

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:18 am

Glad you got it sorted so quickley, we also have great sucess with the same combo of thrush cream and metanium :D

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:34 am

Woo Hoo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds like it is working - we love the boots liners too, since I bought that 1st pack at our bluewater meet and I haven't yet gone back to fleece as they are working for us (and they last through the washing machine until they get a poo on!) We are still using a massive 100g tube of Bepanthen per week but less Daktacort now.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:16 pm

Fantastic news Shevi!

Gotta love that angelbaby soap - I use it for my hands and it's ace!

Return to Nappy Rash