hf1

Rashes can be an allergy!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Rashes can be an allergy!

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:43 pm

had to put this in here as it was something that took over a year to work out. as many know taliesin has had ALOT of trouble with nappy rash in the past, and i thought it might be useful to add this in the nappy rash section in case others have the same issue. we recently discovered taliesin has a polyester allergy (and found out dp had one also as a baby!) this showed it's ugly head with the following:

completely red nappy area after the use of minkee, cuddlesoft or fleece even if nappy was changed to bv after the effects have still been:

leading to over the next few changes, ulcers, blisters,bleeding from said ulcers and blisters and weeping, tenderness to touch, often painful to sit down on, not alot of help from nappy creams although they provided some relief.

problem solved yet? YES!

we now avoid any stay dry liners, and no stay dry inners on any nappy, apart from wool interlock.(sadly my wnss have to be saved for oakley now

obv,bvc inners and wool interlock have worked a treat(even a folded up muslin has been good!

lanolin has made a good nappy cream in this instance, wool interlock liners, silk liners, bv liners, anything made from cotton.

point being it's worth a try if u are experiencing high bouts of nappy rash. it was the last thing i thought of and the one thing that worked.x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Rashes can be an allergy!

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:46 pm

Oh yes - we get rashes if we use even a tiny bit of microfibre in a nappy or pocket...

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:48 pm

another one here that can't use microfibre, fleece or minkee. Everything has to be cotton or bamboo. Mind you I don't think my bits would be happy with minkee or fleece against them :oops: not had nappy rash at all since I got rid of all the nappies with those in. The ones I could'nt bear to part with I line with a DnF booster thing

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:51 pm

thought i'd post as i didn't really see it mentioned much. i plundered on with the nappies i had not realising. i'd tried every cream i could yadda yadda, his bum has been completely clear since loosing the stay dry inners. which is a huge deal in this house :-)

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:34 pm

It was the poly content then. Interesting as it's so hard to work out what's causing rash. I never did find out what it was with Ella, just that using wool soakers stopped it. Glad he's better though. :hug:

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:51 pm

yep, so bye bye itti's, minkee, suedecloth,fleece,cuddlesoft, we get a slight reaction from polyester covers, he's got an easyfit on right now and there is some redness on his inner thighs. looks like it's back to wool and fitteds for the most part. i do put some lavender cream on him between changes to try and lessen the red thighs but for the most part, i think he's gonna be in fitteds now and wool.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:15 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:yep, so bye bye itti's, minkee, suedecloth,fleece,cuddlesoft, we get a slight reaction from polyester covers, he's got an easyfit on right now and there is some redness on his inner thighs. looks like it's back to wool and fitteds for the most part. i do put some lavender cream on him between changes to try and lessen the red thighs but for the most part, i think he's gonna be in fitteds now and wool.

So glad you solved it Annika :wine: even if it does mean a change of stash!!

xx

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:58 pm

same here sarah, but, it means going on a bear hunt for some more dunk n fluff obv in medium (the large is way to big for him) and it really limits what i can buy him fluff wise. i do have lots of cotton tots, bamboozles that kinda thing, but there really are boring :-( but yes, clear bum skin for over a week now. but he's still reacting to the outers. i thought it was chaffing at first but it erm, isn't.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:19 pm

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:same here sarah, but, it means going on a bear hunt for some more dunk n fluff obv in medium (the large is way to big for him) and it really limits what i can buy him fluff wise. i do have lots of cotton tots, bamboozles that kinda thing, but there really are boring :-( but yes, clear bum skin for over a week now. but he's still reacting to the outers. i thought it was chaffing at first but it erm, isn't.

:hug: might be a few in the co-op that people decide to get rid of when the haul arrives here :wink: (not mine though as i ordered XS)

If you have any nappies you cant use, PM me and we will see if i have anything with natural inners and outers you might be interested in swapping for :wink: Only if you want to of course :wink:

Sarah xx

Next

Return to Nappy Rash