hf1

Rashes can be an allergy!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Rashes can be an allergy!

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:31 pm

awwwwww the xs! u so have to do me an action pic of the wee man in one, that's got to be extra cute! am thinking i might be looking into a custom order of 5 from tami at some point at the larges really are large. and t has slimmed down since walking and the medium obv fits him lovely on the tightest snaps. but atm i have prints for oakley (which he doesn't really use unless at night) then obv ones for taliesin. the obv ones are just lush. i think i need more of those at some point......

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:10 am

*tinkerbellarella* wrote:awwwwww the xs! u so have to do me an action pic of the wee man in one, that's got to be extra cute! am thinking i might be looking into a custom order of 5 from tami at some point at the larges really are large. and t has slimmed down since walking and the medium obv fits him lovely on the tightest snaps. but atm i have prints for oakley (which he doesn't really use unless at night) then obv ones for taliesin. the obv ones are just lush. i think i need more of those at some point......

ooooh if only i had funds id join you with a few smalls and mediums for DS :( Love DnF and dont think the Oct co-op is going ahead plus others will get priority since i joined in the last one :( (which is fair im just :( about it lol)

Sarah x

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:16 am

so glad things are getting sorted :hug:
as you know we have similar problems with fleece and elastic so glad to know i'm not alone as hubby thinks i'm a bit bonkers and babies just get rashes :x
but we have been fine since we got rid of fleece and most of our fitteds we can still occasionally use minkee but stick to wool liners mainly :D

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:54 am

he's had a week or so of being soloely in fitted with woolinterlock liners (thank you for those! and beth of course!) and he has just one teeny sore left. he had probably over 50 2 weeks ago, and hundreds of tiny pin prick like holes that bled when wiped. talking to my mil she said sy was quite allergic to polyester too as a baby, so since removing all things polyester he's got a clear bum for the first time in a very long time :wine:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:59 am

:wine: :wine: :wine: :wine:

My avatar
cammi
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cammi » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:58 pm

I im new to cloth, bobv,but wondering if this maybe our problem too, what do obv,bvc inners stand for please, i cant work it out :oops:

many thanks
clare

My avatar
cammi
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cammi » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:02 pm

Oh and where do i get these wool interlock liners from?

Thanks again
Clare

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:05 pm

bv= bamboo velour
obv=organic bamboo velour

we mainly get burn like rashes from things like fleece, minkee, cuddlesoft for us, anything with polyester in. can take a few days to work out trial and error wise.x

wool interlock liners can generally be found made by beth at luscious little somethings. worth asking her what the timescale is like because she is one mega busy lady. i have silk and wool interlock and i have just wool interlock, personally i prefer the just wool interlock as u can use it with lanolin based creams such as lansinoh. u can buy wool interlock i think by the half metre or metre, def have seen some on ebay, then just cut it into oblongs to use as liners. i find it very good myself. beth is def the one to speak to on all things wool interlock. she's def a woolie guru.x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:20 pm

I just thought I'd add here that nappy rash can be caused by food allergies too...
We've been gradually introducing dairy to Grace's diet at 18months and while she's not reacting the way she did previously, she's only getting nappy rash when she's had dairy and nothing but nothing shifts the rash apart from removing dairy from her diet again all of which can take a few days, and the reaction is delayed too...
Just food for thought ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Nappy Rash