hf1

Constantly red!

My avatar
Arcanegirl
Clothie
Clothie

Constantly red!

Postby Arcanegirl » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:10 pm

We are having a battle with constant redness and have yet to find a solution that helps permanently.

Alexs skin is nearly always red around the front nappy area (where a boy would pee basically) and on his thighs aswell.

Barrier creams only seem to help stop it getting worse, but dont releive it enough to stop him being red at all.

Disposables are the only thing that seem to make him better, but im not willing to give up on cloth because of this!

It doesnt seem to matter which nappy hes in either but sometimes can be worse from night time nappies.

It like he has toxic pee lol

Any suggestions?

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Constantly red!

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:15 pm

well, my little man is allergic to polyester. took us a year of rashes to work that out. what nappies/liners u using? could there be a possible link? we have redness around the legs as the polyester rubs his skin, causing a reaction. it's not always the cause, but i wish i knew it earlier

My avatar
Arcanegirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Arcanegirl » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:23 am

Fleece liners and for nappies we use flips, ittis, issys, cushies, wn and minki.

I had thought about being allergic to fabrics after reading your post, but hes going red with any nappy even nighttime one that are made out of egyptian cotton. It seems to be if that part of the nappy gets wet then rubs his leg he breaks out.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:29 am

i generally find with t i only have to have him in something staydry lined once in a day and it will take a few days for the reaction to come out and die down. personally i line t's nappies with wool interlock now, that's been much better. gonna try a minkee wrap over to see how he goes though. he def can't have it wet next to his skin. i do use earth friendly baby lotion around his legs when they get sore, that stuff is fab imo, i put it on after a bath too and his skin feels lovely even the morning after.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:01 pm

This is happening to Riley too. She started in about june with a ring of redness that looked like it could be ringworm. Then it just got worse and worse to the point of weeping sores. So she's been off and on in disposables since. We've finally managed to get it so she's just red where the nappy sits on her thighs. I have found that vaseline with aloe vera is making a difference.

But to be honest even after months in disposables and trying every cream known to man I still can't get rid of the redness. But if I put her in a cloth nappy it does get worse. I dont know what to do.

My avatar
Arcanegirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Arcanegirl » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:06 pm

The wetness has been from trying out fitteds which im not used to, its getting better now to remember to make sure its all sitting right on his legs.
I think part our problem is Alex has very sensitive skin in the first place, he has eczema made worse with dairy.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:44 pm

I don't know if you use them but those disposable paper liners gave DS2 awful sore rashes which cleared within 24hrs of stopping use. Hope you fidn something that works :hug:

My avatar
Arcanegirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Arcanegirl » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:38 pm

We used to use them ages ago then changed over to softer disposable ones but we now use fleece.
The rash was there with all of them...

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:47 am

Shaunie wrote:I don't know if you use them but those disposable paper liners gave DS2 awful sore rashes which cleared within 24hrs of stopping use. Hope you fidn something that works :hug:

I've been using the paper liners in an attempt to mimic a disposable. But to be honest nothing seems to be working!

Return to Nappy Rash