Newbie with rash porblems.

My avatar
cammi
Clothie
Clothie

Newbie with rash porblems.

Postby cammi » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi

Having problems with nappy rash on DS he's two years old and has been in disp's until a couple of weeks ago when they were no longer enough for him over night. We now seem be constantly fighting nappy rash, which isn't a problem he has really had before, so obviously it is something to do with cloth nappies.

I was them in Surcare with an extra rinse.

Havin read the post about it maybe being fleece/staydry liners I am now trying to get hold of some of those to try but would be greatful for any other suggestions.

:wine:
Clare

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Newbie with rash porblems.

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:15 pm

We had trouble with night rashes with my eldest for ages and then all of a sudden she grew out of it...
I would say giving fleece liners a try would be an excellent start...

What nappies are you using and what wraps are you using currently? Sometimes you need a more breathable wrap for nights as the nappy is on for so long and it may be you need more absorbency...

My avatar
cammi
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cammi » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:29 pm

Strangely the night time ones we DONT get any rash lol. Using a xl minkie with a wool wrap at night. During the day we are using lots of different ones, Bgs, flip, bamboo stretch, bamboozle, weehugger, rumparoos, so now trying to narrow down more when it happens.

Have got rid of paper liners, see if that helps.

Clare

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:44 pm

Sorry I was under the impression from your post that you'd only just started using cloth at night.

Avoid using any microfibre in your pockets - that's a common cause of rashes... Get some bamboo and hemp inserts for the pockets that use microfibre inserts if you haven't already.

Paper liners caused evil rashes for my DD1, but we're using the soft boots liners with DD2 ontop of fleece(staydry) liners and they're not causing rashes...

My avatar
Rachiebaby
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Rachiebaby » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 pm

I get my fleece liners from a WAHM on facebook www.facebook.com/spuggies

at the moment she is doing 6 liners for £2.95 posted. You can pick neutral, boy or girl fabric designs and they are big so perfect for toddler nappies (or you cut them down to size if you prefer). you just paypal spuggiesliners@aol.com and state how many sets you want (6 liners being one set) and the gender.

My avatar
cammi
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cammi » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:12 pm

Sorry, the reason we started using cloth so late was for night times but once we i saw how comfy they were and ds said 'doh' when i reached for the pampers decided to use all the time.

Thanks for the liners tip will have a look, although i bought a £4 fleece blanket the other day and have started cutting that up lol

Clare

Return to Nappy Rash