hf1

Strange rash

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Strange rash

Postby moo54 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Hiya, my dd has a rash on one bum cheek and on the top of her bum crack/small of her back - it is a dry itchy spotty rash - a bit like excema rather than a nappy rash. I generally use metanium for sore bots but this isn't in the usual place - nowhere near wher the poo touches - and is also so dry it doesn't need anything more drying. i've started washing in eco balls to see if that helps and put some hydrocortisone cream on thinly to see if it has an impact over a couple of days. Prior to this I''ve tried the emulsfying wax that I have for ds's excema. She is cutting her top middle teeth so is it that??

Any suggestions appreciated ladies

xx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Strange rash

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Hmmmmmm not sure really - does she stick her hand down the back of her nappy for a scratch?
I'd just pop something like vaseline on for now, Could be teeth - hard to say really...
Could a label from trousers etc be irritating? Is it just above where nappy liners finish?

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Strange rash

Postby moo54 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:52 pm

when she is nappy free she has a good old scratch on her bum cheek/above her bum crack, but she can't get to it at other times as she is in poppered vests. I only use bgs, ebay cheapies (fleece lined) and wnnn on her so they are all lined. I don't think it's the night nappy as it actually looks ok in the morning...it looks ok until she gets her claws on it really! Have been moisturising with a bit of excema wax stuff today...hoping it goes when the pegs cut through.

Return to Nappy Rash