hf1

Ok.what next can i try? rash getting no better!

My avatar
elliebelly
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Ok.what next can i try? rash getting no better!

Postby elliebelly » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:05 pm

hello,

Over the past couple of weeks, LO has had nappy rash. She has recently had a cold and im aware that this can make pee harsher but the Nappy rash has gotten slightly worse and we have now tried
Sudocrem
Vaseline
Lansinoh
Savlon
and all the time having at least 2-3 hours nappy off time.....Today she has had 5!

We are using bamboozle nappies with fleece wrap at night and one life wraps during the day.

We are not using any liners as i havent found any that have made a difference....I tried the fluffle with a fleece liner but its made it no better...

My nappies are washed in non bio and i have only just read that you arent supposed to use the full amount of powder for a nappy wash!!! so i will be reducing that however the bamboozle nappies are new and so have only been washed 3-4 times so far so i cant imagine too much build up...

PLEASE HELP!

Her rash is getting redder and redder...its all along the inner thighs, the top of her girly bits and all down to her botty cheeks...it isnt weeping or seeming to caase her any pain or discomfort at all but it looks terrible! :cry: :cry:

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Ok.what next can i try? rash getting no better!

Postby ems » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:14 pm

mmm if its gone on for that long, I might be wanting to take a trip to the docs, personally ;)
A raw bourette silk booster may do the trick, not any silk though, I'm not talking pretty silk nappy liners here... it has to be 100% raw bourette silk. They don't look great, they don't even feel that soft, but they do work ;) You wash them in mild soap and air dry them to keep the natural healing oils in the silk. They have been used for years :)

Just because it was the first shop to come up on google for me....
http://www.naturalnursery.co.uk/washabl ... isana.html

There's another thread about them here..

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=57671

And there are some for sale in the classifieds too ;)

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=59527&hilit=silk+liners&start=18
Last edited by ems on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:17 pm

The chickweed and calendula cream here worked wonders for us http://www.earthbound.co.uk/acatalog/Ec ... ganic.html

My avatar
elliebelly
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby elliebelly » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:21 pm

thanks all, she is getting her next set of jabs next tuesday and so will get checked over by the health visitor, She doesnt seem bothered by it so am trying the chamomile and honey solution on a liner in her nappy and to wipe her with. she has had 7 hours nappy off today. Will look at those silk liners and calendular cream.

Thanks!

My avatar
elliebelly
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby elliebelly » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:08 am

well all, last night i ordered calendular cream and silk liners....i put a chamomile and honey soaked liner in her nappy and it was no better...

took her to the docs this morning and it turns out its thrush! So we have some cream to put on to clear it up, im not too worried as i had it almost constantly when i was a small child!

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:12 am

ahhhhh, at least you have a diagnosis ;) Hope it clears up quickly now you have a cream for it!

My avatar
elliebelly
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby elliebelly » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:11 pm

thanks ems, me too!

Return to Nappy Rash