hf1

Any advice for me

My avatar
vndebbie
Clothie
Clothie

Any advice for me

Postby vndebbie » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi, I'd be really grateful for any advice from you, I've also posted this on the washing board.

My daughter is 8 months old. We have used cloth nappies since she was a few weeks old and everything was great until recently.
She has developed the most horrendous sore bottom and I'm not sure why. Initially I put it down to teething but we were on holiday last week and had her in disposables (couldn't fit others into case!) and it cleared up but as soon as we put one cloth nappy on it started to became sore again.
I tried stripping the nappies by using a dishwasher tablet at 60 degrees then several rinses. Should I use the vinegar method? I'm not sure when to use each method. We use teddy or bumble nappies with motherease wraps or bumgenius.
I've tried various creams to treat the rash, I've also had the doctor check, it's not thrush. We use the same liners and wipes as we always have. I also use quarter amount of washing liquid to wash them. She had lots of nappy off time and no bubble bath etc in her bath, I'm not sure what else to do other than using disposables and I don't want to do that but I don't want her to have a sore bottom.
Thanks in advance for any advice :D

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Any advice for me

Postby cat27m » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:36 pm

I've not tried the vinegar method - partly because we have sooo many nappies!! :giggle: When Rowan had a sore bottom (which I think was probably due to very acidic teething pee reacting to build up in the nappies) I stripped them by using a full dose of Bio powder then rinsing until there were no bubbles left at all. I think they were rinsed about 10 times as we have very soft water. It seemed to work though as her wee bum cleared up and hasn't been as bad since. hth I hope your daughter's skin clears up soon. :hug:

Cathleen xx

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:04 pm

I had this problem.

Are your nappies fleece linned? I found when I changed to OBV inners it cleared.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope you find a solution quickly.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:36 am

Lansinoh may help. Do you use fleece liners? I've heard that sometimes a baby can develop a reaction to fleece :( Hope she's better soon.

Return to Nappy Rash