My avatar
notenoughsocks
Clothie
Clothie

Zinc and castor oil worked for me

Postby notenoughsocks » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:43 am

:wave:
Hi all

Just thought I'd post my experiences in case anybody found them helpful. My LO had his first bad case of nappy rash recently. I strip washed nappies and changed to bio powder which was a great move but not enough.
I tried fleece liners, again not enough. Ditto, washing in camomile tea/Northern essence/shea butter/nappy free time.

He is senstive to Sudocreme and the Metanium didn't cut the mustard. Anyhow, I have one of those doctors who likes to start most sentnces, "Well, I'm old fashoined but....'.
In the past, I had mentioned LO's sensitivity to Sudocreme. He said he wasn't surpirsed given what they put in it and said, "I am old fashioned but I still recommend zinc and castor oil cream for nappy rash". This finally came back to me, and I found a tub at the chemist. After everything, it cleared the rash in under a day :D
I know that all babies are different and what works for one doesn't for another. But I thought I'd mention it.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Zinc and castor oil worked for me

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:07 am

Fab, glad you found something that worked, sometimes the old methods are the best!

Return to Nappy Rash