hf1

Sore Bum Help please...

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Sore Bum Help please...

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu May 15, 2008 5:30 pm

HI my dd decided to poo last night during the night but didnt wake up or anything and her bum was all raw today. It has an open kind of weeping bit and she has been very sore all day. She has been crying when she wees cos it must hurt her. I have been putting metaniumo n it but is there anything else out there you can recommend?

Bicarb in bath water? Camomile tea for cleaning? I will try anything tbh to get her bum all healed up cos im very worried about it getting infected.

Thanks a lot

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Sore Bum Help please...

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu May 15, 2008 5:33 pm

I am a HUGE user of Bepanthen as it is the only thing I trust on Ben's bum 100% - it provides a lovely barrier and protection.

I have used camomille tea for cleaning, but not noticed a difference when gone back to water. Just the usual proper cleaning and drying before cream.

>:D< for getting it better asap

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu May 15, 2008 5:34 pm

Have you taken a look at the suggestions in the nappy rash section?
I managed to clear most of the sore bums we had up with metanium, but there are things like silk or silver liners you can put on your nappies that are meant to help.

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Thu May 15, 2008 7:07 pm

Weve always used bepanthen here too, because it's an ointment and not a cream you can use it with fleece lined nappies and fleece liners without them getting clogged up.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu May 15, 2008 8:10 pm

nappy free in the garden, fresh air and a little sun!

I also find the metanium is good!

Hope it clears up really quickly

jan x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu May 15, 2008 9:25 pm

Moved to nappy rash section :)

Sorry for the rubbish reply but yes to what the others have suggested!

Lots of nappy free time - change more frequently, shea butter on the sores, if wet don't wipe clean just barrier cream first thing or after poos and just change the rest of the time to avoid wiping the sore bits - this can help for some rashes e.g. the type that are broken skin as then you're not aggravating the skin and the barrier such as shea butter or vaseline keeps the wee off the skin (mind you wee is sterile anyhow, tis usually poo or poo combined with teething wee that causes rashes as I'm sure you know!)

I'll stop rambling now... :oops:

Oh yes - and angel baby bottom balm is our magic cream of choice... It really is magic! Check out the top tips sticky for links...

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Fri May 16, 2008 10:44 am

HI thanks for all the suggestions.

I didnt know you could use bepanthen with fleece lined nappies. I always thought it would ruin them. I put Kaitlin to bed in a sposie last night as my stuffie was rubbing one of the sore bits and ive given her more nappy free today. It does look a lot less red and seem like its healing but i suppose we'll just have to see. I love the look of the shea butter, anyone know where i can buy it wthout getting it online so i can have it to use today?

My avatar
bubbaloo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby bubbaloo » Mon May 19, 2008 7:12 pm

If you want to halp the sores heal quicker- cut open a Vitamin E capsule from health shop - its quite sticky and top with zinc and castor oil... this heals them really quick. Also good for little cuts .. so a bottle of Vit E capsules goes a long way.

You can only use one a day as they are intense.

Metanium is the best!!!

Good luck.

Return to Nappy Rash