Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Got to tell you about.....

Postby Ruth » Mon May 07, 2007 10:52 am

Earth Mama - Angel Baby
Angel Baby Bottom Balm
Organic Herbal Diaper/Nappy Rash & First Aid Salve

Found this! It's expensive at £11, but Jack's bum was so sore it was bleeding again - 2 days later and there is not a mark there now!!! I recommend this. It's fabulous and you only need a tiny bit.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon May 07, 2007 7:49 pm

Sounds like amazing stuff Ruth!

(EDIT)*http://www.theremustbeabetterway.co.uk/Products/Baby_&_Child/Organic_Nappy_Rash_Salves_&_Creams.htm

Just watch out as st-john's wort is a natural anti-depressant and I'm not sure how well it goes into the bloodstream from the skin and can contrindicate some medications (e.g. the pill - obviously not a baby concern but you might use it on yourself!)

Also St.John's wort makes your skin photosensitive (prone to sunburn basically) so if you use it on bumps and scrapes be extra vigilant...

(edit:originally I looked this up on the US site which didn't have the full listing, however the site above does)

I'm naturally suspicious of anything that doesn't give a full ingredients listing - does the jar have a full listing?
Last edited by Velvetsteph on Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Mon May 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Full Ingredient Listing: Certified Organic Olive Oil (Olea Europaea), Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) extract, St John's Wort (Hypericum Perforatum) extract, Beeswax, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopherol, Melaleuca Alternifolia Oil, Lavendula Officinalis Oil, Commiphora Myrrha Oil, Rosemary extract (Rosemarinus Officinalis) and nothing else.

I got it from that site i got the other balm from. This is the listing on there. The pot is in Jack's room and I can't be arsed to go up!! :lol:

Will St John's wort make him sad then? :cry:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon May 07, 2007 8:41 pm

lol Ruth, ANTI depressent not depressent!!!!!!

loving all this natural stuff, need to get my bathroom supplies sorted!! Ruth havn't forgotten about the new topic section, just being tired and hopeless!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon May 07, 2007 9:14 pm

Hehehe no it won't make him sad Ruth!!

Thanks for the listing :)

Having taken st.john's wort in the past and had a whole bunch of warnings about it I'm probably a little over cautious!! :D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon May 07, 2007 9:17 pm

Just done a quick google (very very quick mind) and it seems st.john's wort is excellent for wound healing and has excellent anti-inflamatory properties...

Only bad things I can find are listed as for those taking it as a pill...

Will try and do some more digging to reassure myself but I'm sure it will be fine (they'd have to warn you if not!!) and I'm just being paranoid as usual...

I'd still watch the sun thing tho'...

S xxxx

(Off to bed now before the paranoia monster eats me)

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Tue May 08, 2007 6:46 pm

PMSL!!! Paranoia monster!!!

Tory - well pointed out thank you!! Anti depressant of course!!! Looking forward to the new topic - I think I will be on there a lot!

Steph - sun won't matter if it's on there bum though! Unless Isabelle likes to stick her naked bottom in the air when she is out and about!!!! :wink: But I can see why you would be worried about it on cuts and grazes. excellent for bums though!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu May 10, 2007 1:34 pm

hypericum / st johns wort is a fab healer, i took it together with arnica post C -section and they work a miracle together!

the cream sounds wonderful by the ingrediants...i will add it to my shopping list!!!

Shevi

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:33 pm

ok, so i didn't buy this, and now i really really need it, where can i buy it from?
thanks
Shevi

Next

Return to Nappy Rash