hf1

Bleedng sores

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Bleedng sores

Postby aimeet » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:50 pm

Peny has had a nasty nappy rash for a week now, the doctor prescribed a hyrocortizone/ anti fungal cream as it appeared to be thrush. She is in sposies atm as we are changing every 1-2 hours and she needs cream all the time. She is gettig top teeth through and is now doing proper poohs too and seems to pooh at night which only makes it worse. It started to clear up after a few days but this morning it was bleeding and despite a few days with lots of nappy free time and doing all the things I should it doesn't seem to be getting better :(
Any suggestions?

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Bleedng sores

Postby twinkletot » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:53 pm

If it's just nappy rash sores (ie not thrush) I would just use plain water to clean her with and as much nappy free time as poss (though you are already doing this). Are you just using the cream from the docs? I'd take her back to the docs if all else is failing hun. She may need something else to help :hug:

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:59 pm

old wives tale but it works, use a fork and froth raw egg white up, cover the sores and surrounding areas, leave a min or two to let it dry (goes a but tacky and shiny) and leave overnight ;) i went through all the creams on the market and eveything doc pescribed till a pharmicist told me this, never used a cream since and alesha ends up with literally no skin left when she gets sore, with it bleeding,weeping etc xx

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:03 pm

I am using the cream from the docs and either metanium or suocrem, I am also just using cotton wool an waterd managed to get an appointment for Thursday as the snow is really bad here.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:19 pm

Ah I only asked as when I used metanuim on ds it cleared it up and within a day or so caused bleeding sores :( I've never touched the stuff again.....

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:24 pm

Apparently saliva works best!!!
Never tried it personally but a friend swears by it and told me about it recently...

I think metanium works on certain rashes but not on others... :? I swore I'd never use it again after it 'burnt' Grace's skin... BUT I tried it in desperation on the current awful rash and it has worked a treat...

Angel baby bottom balm I swear by, works on all rashes I've discovered!!

If they're sore then only wipe if they've poo'd and avoid most babywipes... The only wipes I can use if they're sore is earthfriendlybabycompany wipes (John Lewis is one seller)

Also try moist healing... Soak a fleece liner in cold camomile tea and place it (wet) into the night nappy (even sposies)

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:31 pm

I use camomile tea and cotton wool to clean, leave it to air dry then new nappy on.

If she is in pain when you wipe use olive oil as it wont sting the same as water does. I was told to do this by the paediatrician when my ds1 was really ill with salmonella and pooed every 30mins to the point where his bum was in shreds :(

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Chooky » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:45 pm

:hug: Poor bubba :(
I second the chamomile tea.
My LO gets this too when she is teething. Sores pop up out of nowhere and within hours the are bleeding. We do nappy off time as much as possible during the day. Then Smother the area in lansinoh and use a sposie at night. Almost always clears up 90% overnight
Good luck hunnie, nappy rash is horrible :hug:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:54 pm

twinkletot wrote:Ah I only asked as when I used metanuim on ds it cleared it up and within a day or so caused bleeding sores :( I've never touched the stuff again.....

Not saying that's what it is, just my experience of it.
Hope it clears soon for her x

Next

Return to Nappy Rash