hf1

My top tip for nappy rash - whats yours?

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: My top tip for nappy rash - whats yours?

Postby clumsymumsy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:20 pm

DD had a very persistent rash a while back and I kept using different creams trying to get rid of it. Finally I got sick of having to use flushable liners all the time as it seemed really rough to me and I wondered if that was causing the problem... when I gave up the flushable liners I also had to give up the hard core creams and just used a dab of baby oil... the rash went away in 3 days.
Turned out it was just a bit of dry skin and the creams were taking all the moisture out!
Also fleece or wool wraps work great for us when there is a bit of rash, they really let the air circulate!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sat May 09, 2009 5:31 pm

was on netmums recently and they wanted testers for bepanthan. they sent me a HUGE tube and i just told them what i thought of it.
was ace. cleared his teething nappy rash up a dream.
no more :crossbaby: baby!
like to air his bum too. sit him on a towel with no nappy on for a bit

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:00 pm

For us the only times Findlay has ever had nappy rash are when he is in disposables (not sure if he is allergic to something in them??). The time before last when he was in hospital they had him in disposables and within 24 hours he had horrendous nappy rash that got yucky white bits in it and he just screamed :shock: When he was in SCBU when he was born we were told about using a very thin layer of vaseline and sudocrem and we have done this when ever he has had dispo nappy rash and found this excellent whilst his poor bum healed up. Needless to say last time he had to stay in I told them I was using cloth!

My avatar
choruna
Clothie
Clothie

Postby choruna » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:52 pm

i always found soaking a wipe in a cup of camolmile tea with a teaspoon of honey worked very well. I'd put the wipe against rashy area and close the nappy on top of it until the next nappy change, great result every time!!

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:07 pm

lansinoh - equally good on sore bums as it is on cracked nipples

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:04 pm

tea tree oil, few drops in bath and in water that I wash her bum with seems to be healing it up,
Sally
ps you can buy shea butter for £3.99 on ebay and they will whip it for you and add an essential oil im having tea tree added to mine! x

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:14 pm

silver liners and pot of gold combo!

My avatar
Charlootle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Charlootle » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:46 pm

Metanium works for very bad nappy rash for us, but I only use it as a last resort. And I know some peoples LOs have bad reactions to it.

Any other time Jaden gets a bit red I've always used Burts bees nappy cream, its really good. Airing the bum is the ideal for a sore bot though I think!

Charlotte & Jaden x

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:24 pm

:idea: I can also say that bepanthan is very good :D I recently tried kamillosan as read on the tube for nappy rash when I was using when BF'ing, it worked very well as well but stains cloth :( so be sure to use a nice large liner! :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Nappy Rash