hf1

Rash nightmare - update p2, help please!

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Rash nightmare - update p2, help please!

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Sandy had a wee break for a few days before i went into hospital His bum was red raw and change times had become a nightmare as he was screaming and refusing me near him. ANyways i bought some sposies and some metanium and we seemed to have it cracked in a few days. When i arrived home from hospital yesterday i put him back in cloth - i planned to stick to fitteds as the pu in his aios seemed to make things worse.

Anyways, this morning he was red, red raw again and again screaming when we tried to change him :(

I dont know what to do, he is in a disposable again now so i can put more cream on him but thats not really fixing whatever the issue is. As i said pu seems to make things worse but he only occasionally wears aios and we have been avoiding them for weeks in an attempt to crack things. I use fleece liners in all his nappies - i had tried paper ones after being advised to by someone else but that didnt seem to help.

I miss his big bum and hate having to buy bloomin disposables but i cant keep making his bum sore - specialy not just now when he is out of sorts about the new baby anyways.

Any help most appreciated!!
Last edited by HighlandMum on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Rash nightmare

Postby emmalala » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:15 pm

Daniel can't have fleece liners next to his skin. His skin goes bright red and sore looking :( only natural fibres are ok, bamboo and cotton.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:17 pm

Awww poor Sandy :hug: I was going to suggest trying the silk liners. I know a few people who have the same problem with man made fibres, but anything natural seems ok. Hope you can find a solution hun.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Emma when you say bamboo and cotton does that mean you dont use a liner at all on nappies with bv inners? Its just more habit than anything that i line all the nappies, just to keep them nice really lol.

Lisa the silk liners, are tehy just normal silk (prob a daft question!) i just wonder if i could get some silk and make my own to try a bit cheaper than buying ready made ones.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:40 pm

i find that if ryans been in sposie for a couple of day then i put him in cloth he's like that but i use a fleace liner and lots of bum cream and that seem to work for us
i hope it gets sorted soon :hug:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:02 pm

I don't use liners at all. :) if he's having a dodgy tummy I use some paper ones for a bit but since I stopped using liners we've had no more soreness. And it sounds weird but try whisking an egg white up, put it on his bum and let it dry.works for dan :lol:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:10 pm

i can't use fleace liner normal thats why i don't mind ruining them only use them when he has lots of cream on.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:11 pm

Cheers mdears :) I will try the egg trick tomorow and try not putting any liner in and see how that goes. Lacey i was expecting a wee bit of redness changing back to cloth but it was more than that the rash seemed to flare right back up again.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:15 pm

We had to ditch anything synthetic with Tallin. By the time he finished with nappies he was solely in bv inners, bamboo outers and wool covers.

Next

Return to Nappy Rash