hf1

Excema rash on bum more advice needed

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Excema rash on bum more advice needed

Postby tiyuricc » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:47 pm

we use paw paw salve on dd when she was little with eczema everywhere, and now on the occasional bum rash she gets. it always clears up in no time at all. it's our miracle cream.

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:47 pm

where can i get that from

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:54 pm

i *think* this is the place i got it from. http://www.pawpawshop.co.uk/shopping.htm

we started with the one in the red tube as it is what was recommended to us, and it did the job well. but then when i thought about it i didn't like using petrochemicals on her face so switched to the one thatas yellow with green writing. you can google that particular one, i think there's a few places selling it in the uk.

My avatar
emica30
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Eczema rash on bum more advice needed

Postby emica30 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:10 am

I have just bought some Paw Paw ointment (the red tub) on the advice of you ladies here because my 10mth old has quite dry and red patches all over her shoulders, arms and legs which looks like eczema. It goes down during the day and then looks very red again every night - even when the patches aren't red, I can still see them and they feel rough to the touch. I have been using E45 cream, but that is next to useless. I got some Oilatum on prescription for the bath, as that's what we used with my son, but it seemed to make it worse...

Anyway, I've been applying the Paw Paw liberally morning and night for about two days, and it really seems to be clearing it up, so I am delighted. I will continue to use it, and I think that the dry skin should be a thing of the past very soon. It also smells really good, which is a bonus!

Many thanks for recommending it - it really is a miracle cream!! :yahoo:

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:03 am

DD had pretty bad eczema that started as just a nasty nappy rash, I used only a mix of shea butter and calendula oil and realised that the main culprit was using PUL covers/nappies all the time - I suppose the fact that they're not breathable was aggravating it. We switched to wool and the difference within a day was amazing so we never looked back, if you haven't tried it definitely give it a go! I've only just started using pockets again every now and then but only if I'm going out to places where it won't be easier to change her and I want a bit of extra 'protection'. Hth x

My avatar
belfastyank
Clothie
Clothie

Postby belfastyank » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:23 pm

I know this thread was started a year ago, but just wanted to add to it, in case it might be of help to someone! My eldest daughter had eczema on her bottom when she was in nappies, too. I was given hydrocortisone cream which of course helped alleviate it, but the doctor never suggested what might be the cause. It wasn't until I started washing nappies with fragrance free detergent that it cleared up for good. She definitely has a sensitivity to perfumes.

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash